Who Can Get the Brava Breast?

BRAVA only has 4 disqualifiers for breast augmentation and reconstruction

+2

Most women are a candidate for BRAVA. There are only 4 disqualifiers: 1. Smokers: Smokers have a poor capacity to regenerate tissue.  2. Herceptin Chemotherapy:  Prevents revascularization of the fat graft. 3. Aspirin and over the counter food supplements: May impair blood clotting. Should be suspended for 2 weeks before surgery. 4. Poor understanding of the procedure: Individuals who cannot comply with the daily use of BRAVA for best results. Many patients think just because they are skinny that they do not have enough fat. We rarely turn down someone for not having enough fat.

The ideal BRAVA candidate:

+2
  •  Not a candidate for implant or flap options.  She should be determined, committed, and compliant.
  • Ideally without radiation.  With a reasonable mastectomy scar site.
  • Have adequate donor sites to accommodate her volume goal. Many women do not have as much as they think. I have patients who have run out of fat and opted for an implant. The fat that was placed was full, healthy, without necrosis making it comparable to breast augmentation. 

Robert Ferguson, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

BRAVA

+2

I am not sure I understand your question. Technically, anyone can get BRAVA. If you can be more specific I will be able to give you more information. I use BRAVA a lot in my practice for breast reconstruction patients and for augmentation patients that are using fat instead of implants. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

BRAVA BREAST

+1

The Brava is a suction device that alledgedly increases tissue volume.  Most results are moderate and not comparable, in any way, with a traditional breast augmentation.  Recently some investigators have added fat grafting to the Brava process.  You may try it but be sure and check out results first.

Tlamage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD