5 Months Post Op and My Breast Feel Uneven? (photo)

I am almost 5 months post op and my left breast feels a little lower and looser than my right. I feel like it falls out towards my armpit more than the other breast when im laying down. the left breast also appears to be a little larger than the right..is this part of bottoming out? is this bottoming out and should i be concerned?

Breasts feel asymmetric after augmentation

+2

Based on your photos, you seem to have a great result. Everybody has asymmetry before surgery, and everybody has asymmetry after surgery. Your breasts may still  continue to settle and heal over the next several months, so I would wait a little longer before making any decisions about your final result. I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

You definitely have some degree of asymmetry.   The option to use different sized implants may be a solution.   The more obvious difference is that one nipple is higher than the other and this may have been  present prior to surgery.  The implants may have just exagerated the pre-existing asymmetry.   

Breast augmentation issues

+1

Remember not two breasts will look exactly the same, each breast will feel a bit differently as well. From the photos, things look good.

Something wrong with my breast implants? (photo)

+1

You have about as perfect a result as is possible with currently available breast implants.  Excellent projection, beautiful size, shape, and symmetry, good implant position, obscure scars, no visible rippling or wrinkling, and hopefully, your nipple sensation is preserved.  Implants are mechanical, not biological devices.  They are imperfect.  There are always asymmetries and differences between sides.  Pass my congratulations on to your surgeon please for outstanding work, and ENJOY yourself!

Steve Laverson, MD

Am I bottoming out?

+1

Tough to tell without a pre-op picture. I would say your breasts look quite good for 5 months out and will improve over time, continue to massage and follow instructions.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Is Asymmetry Normal?

+1

Thank you for the questions and photos.  I can see there is an asymmetry, but whether or not this is "normal" is hard to say.  Viewing your pre-op photos may reveal that your breast fold were uneven to begin with and may have contributed to the asymmetry.  Also, if the implants are placed behind the pectoral muscle, the implants take longer to settle, but usually by 3 months, they should be even.  Your statement that one is firmer than the other may be of some concern.  It could be that one pocket was just made larger on the day of surgery or you may be developing a capsular contracture.  I always have my patients do special breast massages begining 3 days post-op and then additional different massages which start one month post op.  If we have patients with an early capsular contracture, then we have a special laser which in most cases can soften the scar tissue without re-operation.

I would recommend you go back to your surgeon and discuss your asymmetries and see what he says.  If you are still not satisfied or the asymmetry gets worse, then you might want to go see another surgeon board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Hope this helps. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Uneven after augmentation

+1

We can tell from your photos that you had significant differences in the breast envelope before your augmentation, and the differences are reflected in your result after. Overall you look quite well and the implant is not bottomed out, and over a longer period of time the symmetry just might improve a bit.