Will I have to get the botox shots for the remainder of my life? (photo)

I have received Botox for chronic migraines i've had for fifty years, first round of treatments are going so well, It' a dream come true, "will I have to get the shots for the remainder of my life?? I

Botox for Migraine

+1

This is really a question for the neurologist who is giving you the Botox. My understanding of the situation is that you will need treatment indefinitiely, but I could be wrong.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox usually lasts 3-4 months.If you are looking for a more permanent solution to your migraine headaches, certain plastic surgeons can perform endoscopic ablative surgeries to help eliminate those migraine trigger points.I would recommend that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Do I have to get Botox forever

+1

There is no permanent Botox, so if you are happy with the results and they are working for your migraines, then yes, you will need to maintain this with periodic injections (every 3-4 months). You may need less over time, perhaps, but there isn't a permanent way to get your results, so you will need to continue getting Botox.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Will I have to get the botox shots for the remainder of my life?

+1

Im happy to hear you’re loving the effects of your treatment, Botox typically last 3-4 months but after time the muscles will relax and will require less units

Botox for life?

+1
Since the effects of botox are temporary, in all likelihood you will need periodic re-treatment. After a while you may be able to go longer between treatments as the muscle atrophies.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon