Had the Benelli Lift with Implants. I Am Really Disappointed in the Scarring and I Am Embarassed of my Breast? (photo)

Can a revision be done to fix the scarring and irregular borders of my surgery. I am soo embrassed of my breasts and I do not want anyone to see them! :( Also, the area around the breast is so much larger and isn't very dark anymore.

Areola correction is possible

+2

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience.  The good news is that correction is possible and relatively straight forward.  When performed properly an areolaplasty using your existing purse-string mastopexy incision (benelli lift) can provide a very nice result.  This can be performed under local anesthesia or under IV sedation.  The other question is whether a circumvertical breast lift should be performed.  The cercimvertical breast lift or lollipop lift will allow contouring of your breast tissue as well which from the photos it appears that you may need.  Below is a link to one of my patients before and after photos showing a areolaplasty performed under local anesthesia.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=193&StartRow=1

Had the Benelli #BreastLift with #Implants (photo)...dissapointed... ANS:

+2

Periareolar scarring can be a challenge but in my practice, almost all cases can be revised in the office under just local anesthesia, even the placement of a permanent "cinch" suture to keep the areola smaller....Check with your doctor and that should be an option for you....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed with Benelli scarring

+2

Your results are typical of either the benellis stitch breaking or pulling through the surrounding skin causing the areola diameter to widen and subsequently lose the lifting effect.  The Benelli lift is limited in how much nipple elevation can be created.  It looks like your pre op photos show your anatomy to be on the border of needing either a Benelli type lift or vertical mastopexy.  I would recommend that you seek the opinion of a plastic surgeon with experience in revisional breast surgery.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Revision of Breast Lift and Implants

+2

I am sorry about your disappointment.  It seems to me that a Benelli lift was not the best choice of a lift.  It seems like a vertical lift with implants would produce a better result. The areolar scarring and enlargement can be controlled with a technique that locks the areolar size down with a stitch.  Seek consultation with a board certified PS

Dr. ES

Benellli lift

+2

It looks like you need a reivision. You may need a more formal lift and the areola have stretched quite a bit.

Unsatisfied Result After Combined Implant and Benelli Lift

+2

Certainly a circumareolar scar revision or repeat lift can be done. But in looking at your breasts, I would question whether that choice of a breast lift was the best one. The amount of sagging that you had beforehand was greater than what a typical circumareolar lift can optimally overcome. You should discuss this with your surgeon when contemplating a subsequent scar revision. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast.lift.html

Circumareolar-mastopexy augmentation - what can be done about sub-optimal results?

+2

I can completely understand why you may be disappointed with your results - from your pictures, the implants appear to be high-riding, your nipples don't appear to have been significantly lifted, your areolae have stretched and the scars are irregular and the overall results is unaesthetic.

I would suggest the only way to improve your breasts is surgical revision. This could be possible leaving the implants where they are - but that would have to be decided only after careful examination. Your areolae need to be lifted and revised - this could either be done keeping the scars only around the areolae, or with the addition of a vertical scar component, towards the breast crease.

I would suggest you saw your plastic surgeon to discuss this and perhaps consider getting a second opinion.

Good luck with it all

London Plastic Surgeon

Had the Benelli Lift with Implants. I Am Really Disappointed

+1

Thanks for your question and for sharing the photos. They illustrate the limitations of a Benelli lift, and here the nipples and areolas are still low, and the areolas much larger.

Although the areolas can be made smaller by a simple procedure that would include a permanent Gore tex suture as a purse-string to maintain a smaller areola, I think you would be far better served by converting this to a vertical lift. All the best. 

You will need a vertical lift

+1

You are not alone with . Patients with need for the lift do not want to have scar and avoid the vertical lift. Your before picture shows low nipple and breast tissue position . You will need to have vertical lift and smaller implant.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon