Will the Benelli Be Enough for Me - or is the Anchor Better? (photo)

I already have sub muscular implants (around 260-300cc silicone) and I have to have them removed since I have the French PIP implants- I have seen two surgeons (planning to see no 3 and 4 since i´m very undecided). One surgeon suggested a sub glandular (over the muscle) implant and the other one a over the muscle or/and a sub glandular - no 2 says he´s afraid i´m not going to be happy with only an implant and that´s why he suggested the anchor lift. i´m not a fan of the vertical scar though:/

Very modest ptosis of the breasts better left alone.

+2

Any ptosis of your breasts is quite modest.  The periareola mastopexy is not a very good operation unless you have tubular breasts (and you do not).  The more conventional breast lift would leave scars that I think would be more to your aesthetic disadvantage than your mild ptosis.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,16-atlanta-breast-reshaping.htm

Best Type of Breast Lift?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The type of breast lifting that would be indicated in your case will depend mainly on your goals. For example, if you plan to maintain the same size of breasts ( and are happy with the current position of the nipple/areola)  then no breast lifting is indicated.

If you wish to raise the nipple areola complex is slightly,  then a Benelli breast lift may be the best option. On the other hand, if you wish to eliminate  “sagging” and the “skin on skin” affect on the upper abdomen,  than a vertical mastopexy will be indicated.  You will have to balance the pros and cons of each type of operation as you go through the decision-making process.

Continue to do your due diligence and select a well experienced  or certified plastic surgeon; ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Breast lift

+2

An exam would be essential to see what you might need. The photos suggest athta a vertical lift or circumareola with an implant may be enough. Again, an exam is key.

What breast lift is the right one?

+2

This is an important question that needs to be discussed with your surgeon after seeing you in person. I dont think there is any need for the "anchor" approach to your surgery, but a "lollipop" mastopexy could be used instead. The difference is that the Benelli lift tends to flatten the breast, and the lollipop cones or reshapes the breast with projection. The lollipop does have the vertical scar, but this tends to heal well and produces a more attractive breast shape. I would almost always recommend an implant be placed underneath the muscle for a number of reasons. This has to be a personal decision you make after considering all of the pros and cons of each approach. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Will the Benelli Be Enough for Me - or is the Anchor Better?

+2

The Benelli lift works well IF there is also an implant to create forward projection of the breast. Without an implant the Benelli can sometimes flatten the front of the breast. For you specifically, you must first define your goals. If you simply want the areola elevated and possibly resized to a smaller diameter, the Benelli is the right choice. If however you want the overhanging breast tissue elevated also, the anchor lift is better. Since you already have a submuscular implant, I think you should keep the new one under the muscle also.

Will Benelli be enough?

+2

Since you have PIP silicone gel filled implants, there are two issues for you to  deal with.  I would recommend that you have a total capsulectomy when you have your implants replaced. as there are questions regarding the "purity" of the silicone or the possibility that other chemical contaminants may have leached out of the implant into the capsule around the implant.  Removing the capsule will leave a fresh bed for a new implant that can certainly be left in a submuscular position.  The second issue is your ptosis (drooping).  A periareolar mastopexy (of which the Benelli lift is one type) can provide enough lift for your anatomy.  Other scars, anchor or lollipop, would probably not be necessary.  Good luck. 

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Lifts Less

+2

As long as you don't want your nipples lifted too high, a Benelli (which lifts less) should be OK. This is something to discuss with your surgeon before your surgery. The choice is lesser scarring vs lesser correction.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Choice of breast lift

+1

A Benelli lift tends to flatten the breast, while a vertical lift adds an additional scar.  The trade off with any type of lift is the scarring.  If you are happy with your present appearance and only changing the implants because they are PIP implants, you may want to consider avoiding any lift and the scarring that goes with it.   Depending upon how your original submuscular augmentation was technically performed, conversion to a "dual plane" pocket may provide some additional lift without any scars on the front of your breasts.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drcraigrock.com/breast_augmentation_detailed.html