What Are the Benefits to Simultaneous Surgery for Lower Eyelid and Brows?

How do I go about finding a doctor that will perform these two procedures together?

Forehead lift and eyelids are usually done together.

+2

Forehead lift and eyelids are usually done together if both are needed. That way it is cheaper for the patient. They can be done separately. For 35 years I have done the 2 together without a problem. Make sure you see an experienced surgeon who will does different types of forehead lifts to get the one you need.

Most cosmetic surgeons can provide this

+1

Browlifts and eyelid procedures are often done together. Cosmetic surgeons can be trained in General Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, or Oculoplastic Surgery.

In general, Oculoplastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic surgeons dedicate most of their practice to facial surgery. General plastics surgeons, although very experienced in a variety of procedures, generally have less experience in eyelid surgery, just because of the time limitations in practice. If you're also doing breast surgery and body surgery, you just don't have as much time to spend on the eyelids/eyebrows.

There are great surgeons all fields of cosmetic surgery. Just make sure you choose one that you are comfortable with.

Best of luck.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Doing browlift and eyelids together

+1

The benefit of doing procedures together is some cost savings and cosolidation of recovery time.   It is nice to only have to take time off work or social engagements once.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Eyelid surgery and brow surgery together

+1

i agree that eyelid and forehead or brow surgery are commonly done together. most doctors i know do the operations together.   the brow surgery will open the upper outer eyelid and tight the temple areas which will help with some of the exra lower lid outer skin.

Simultaneous Surgery for Brows and Lower Eyelids

+1

You asked about doing a brow lift and lower eyelid surgery simultaneously, but some surgeons also include upper eyelid blepharoplasty at the same time. The main advantage is all the work can be done in one procedure with one anesthetic by an experienced surgeon, which should be less expensive. There are many different techniques and combinations of techniques used to do this surgery.

Brow lift and blepharoplasty

+1

Brow lift and blepharoplasty are frequently performed at the same time but the surgeon should perform the brow lift first and then the upper lid blepharoplasty to avoid removing too much skin.  Use a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid and Brow surgery

+1

It is very common to perform a brow surgical procedures along with an eyelid surgery. One has to be conservative with the upper eyelids at the time and should be done after the brow is lifted into position because more often than not, the upper eyelid incision needs to be adjusted.

Brow lift and lower lids

+1
These two procedures are routinely performed in the same operation. The cost is reduced and there is no reason not to perform them together to achieve improve in both the upper face and the eyelids. To find a surgeon who is qualified to perform the procedure, look for someone who is board certified in plastic surgery. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons' website is a good starting point.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Browlift and eyelids are done in conjunction together

+1
I perform many browlift and eyelids procedures together. In most patients the upper third portion of the face ages first so it is ideal to combine these procedures together. If you are a proper candidate for browlift and lower lid blepharoplasty then these should be done in conjunction with each other. This allows you to save costs for the operating room and anesthesia fees. Many surgeons do reduce surgical fees as well when multiple procedures are done. As a surgeon we want our patients to have the most aesthetically pleasing results and sometimes combining procedures is the optimal choice. I would find a good plastic surgeon who comes highly recommended, look at the before and after photos and converse with other patients who have undergone the same procedure. In the consulting phase I usually have rechecks coming in with the same procedures done and they are happy to discuss with other patients their proposed procedure and theIr experience they have had in my office. I also use a digital imaging computer which allows the consulting patient to see a before and after of their proposed surgical results.

Michael Elam, MD

Forehead Lift and Lower Blepharoplasty?

+1

If both the brow and lower eyelids are of concern,  these areas can be rejuvenated at the same time. The benefit to simultaneous surgery include a single  anesthesia,  single recovery and potentially less expense.

You may want to start with the American Society of Plastic surgeons to find  board-certified plastic surgeons  in your area.  Visit the surgeons websites and offices and look for a significant level of experience  with the procedure you are planning.  You can ask to see his/her before-and-after pictures and to potentially meet with patients who've had similar surgery.