What Are the Benefits of Coolsculpting Re-treatment at the 4-6 Week Mark?

According to my research, some physicians recommend re-treating an area with Zeltiq 4-6 weeks after the first treatment. My question is: are the benefits of re-treating at the 4-6 week mark more about the speed of the result, or the OVERALL amount of fat lost in the long run? Thank you!

Second coolsculpting for fat loss at four to six weeks may provide a better result than waiting four months for a 2nd session

+1

Three years ago we were waiting for a second CoolSculpting in our NYC practice but in the last year, after conversations with my colleagues who also perform CoolSculpting, we started doing the second treatment at the four to six week follow up period. The final results at four to six months after the treatment seems to show that the retreatment at four to six weeks is better than the retreatment at four months.

Our results however are not part of any scientific method of exploring this hypothesis. It is a clinical evaluation of our patients' improvement from having coolSculpting.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Build on your results by stacking CoolSculpting treatments

+1

You can absolutely do additional treatments.  You can space these a couple of months apart, but you can also do two treatments to the same area in the same session.  The results will be additive.  There is not an increased incidence of unwanted side effects, but the results are more dramatic at the eight-week mark.

Houston Dermatologist

Second Coolsculpting Treatment

+1

Typically we do not perform the second treatment to the same area until two months have passed as this gives us adequate time to assess the majority of result seen by then.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Optimal timing is still being worked on

+1

your question is a good one.  the idea is ultimately to improve the long term result rather than the actual speed of treatment effect.  retreating at the 4-6 week mark can lead to an additive effect of positive tissue injury.  most patients do benefit from more than one treatment.

CoolSculpting Freeze that fat with multiple treatments

+1

Many people will require 2 treatments of CoolSculpting for optimal results. Your technician can help you determine what is best for you during a consultation.

Many people start seeing a change within a few weeks, but it may take as long as 4 months to see a full change. This is why it is not advisable to treat a single area with CoolSculpting more than two times within a 90 day period - there may be too much fat loss in an area that could result in irregular contours. the advantage of having a CoolSculpting treatment at a 4- 6 week mark is simply seeing faster results

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Benefits of Retreating with CoolSculpting

+1

Thank you for your question regarding secondary treatment with Coolsculpting after 4-6 weeks.  The amount of fat lost during each CoolSculpting is around 20-22% of the fat in the treatment area.  It typically takes about 2-3 months for full results of CoolSculpting to be realized.  I think it makes sense to wait until you see the full results of the initial treatment before deciding on a secondary procedure and decide whether it is worth it to you or not.  It takes some time, depending on the individual, for the body to rid itself of the destroyed fat cells and there isn't anything that is going to speed up that process. That said, you can get subsequent treatments in the same area if more fat reduction is desired, but it will take an additional few months for those fat cells to be eliminated by the body as well.  I hope this helps. 

Web reference: http://www.coolsculpting-gr.com

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What are the benefits of Coolsculpting Re-treatment?

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have found that when my patients re-treat the same area with CoolSculpting the overall result significantly improves.  I have also found that when my patients begin or continue their exercise regimen, the results occur faster.  However, the speed of the result varies from patient to patient.  Some of my patients begin to see the results after the first month while most begin to notice the largest difference between the second and third month.  I typically will re-treat the same area after two months.  I want the patient to be able to see the visible results from the first treatment before I begin the re-treatment.  I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryvips.com/photo-gallery.asp

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Re-treatment

+1

Re-treating the area with CoolSculpting whether it's re-treated immediately after your first treatment that day or 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment, the benefits are for the overall outcome results.  It will not speed up the process.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon