What are the benefits and disadvantages of using fillers as opposed to implants for chin augmentation?

+1

I perform both depending upon the priorities of the patient.  The main difference is that fillers usually cannot obtain the stable result to the degree that an implant can.  

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fillers versus implants for the chin

+1

The primary advantage of using fillers to augment the chin is that the procedure is non-surgical. There are several different types of fillers that could be used, and they would last different lengths of time, so one disadvantage is that the result may not be permanent. I would say the other potential disadvantage of fillers is that you cannot augment the chin with them as much as with an implant. Implants are permanent (unless removed) but do require surgery to place them, and as I mentioned above, they can give more augmentation than fillers.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silastic chin augmentation

+1
Chin implants are a permanent solution for a recessive chin, and involve placement of a Silastic implant through a sub mental approach under local anesthesia to augment the chin area. Fillers only to be re-injected every 6 months to a year.