Is the Belly Button Positioned Too Low Post Tummy Tuck? What Do You Think About Results? (photo)

Before and 8 weeks after photos.

Belly button positioning after a tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your pictures, but it's hard to tell without see you.  However, I would wait 2-3 months to determine the final position.  If it's not where you want it may need to be adjusted slightly.

This isn't a "too-low" belly button. It is a poor (or incorrect) operation.

+1

I'm sorry to tell you this after the pain and expense of your operation, but this is not a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) result that any ABPS-certified plastic surgeon would be proud of. I reiterate my colleagues' concern that you have not been operated on by a fully-trained, American Board of Plastic Surgery-certified plastic surgeon, or that perhaps you received insurance coverage for a panniculectomy, had that procedure, and were hoping for true abdominoplasty results.

Your belly button isn't too low--it appears as if it's right where your Creator and mother put it! It also appears as if you did not have muscle plication or umbilical transposition, which are part of abdominoplasty, but not panniculectomy.

You need to let this all heal, see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, and obtain information about the proper operation to undergo. You would obtain your best results if you can successfully lose weight in the interim as well. Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Your Tummy Tuck results are not ideal

+1

Unfortunately I think your results are not ideal and I am assuming far from what you thought you would get.  You may benefit from a revisional procedure. I would need to evaluate you in person to see exactly what can be done, but I think there may be ways to improve your results.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Belly button position after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for posting your photos.

Was your surgeon a board certified Plastic Surgeon? You might have had a panniculectomy, the removal of the apron of excess skin and fat bellow the belly button. It doesn't look like you had a tummy tuck, which is a completely different operation. Check back with your surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Position after Tummy Tuck

+1

Was your surgeon a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?

Did you have a panniculectomy or a standard abdominoplasty?

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon