Are These All Equal in Size? Heard on 90210.

350 - c small  400 - c mid 450 - full c 500 - d +

Will The cc's add up to the cup size?`

+1

There are many formulas and methods meant to help patients and doctors choose the right implant to fit the desired cup size.   Bottomline, each breast contour, shape, and measurements are different.   This is true between patients and even amongst the left and right breast.

Bottomline, I ask my patients to not think about the cc's or cup size they desire, but to try on a variety of implants i recommend in front of a full length mirror in a fitted bra and t shirt.   I then ask them to try on implants until they identify the body image they desire to perceive.   I then confirm by asking them to try on 50-100cc's above and below this size.

This decision process in invaluable and has resulted in very high patient satisfaction.   I will often adjust the final implant size depending on the placement of the implant in a sub muscular position or the necessity for a breast lift, but i find the time spent during this process results in high patient satisfaction and reduced surgery time by having a well thought out plan based on careful preoperative planning  that is then easily executed during surgery.

I hope this helps and I wish you a healthy and safe recovery!!

What is the volume in ccs for each bra cup size?

+1

To determine the bra cup size, first you must figure out the volume of breast tissue you have, then add the necessary amount of ccs in an implant to get to a certain cup size.  If this isn't confusing enough, there is no standardization in the bra industry, therefore one breast size at Macy's is different if you go to Victoria Secret.  The volumes, vis a vis cup size, that you heard on 90210 would generally be correct if the person had no asymmetry of ribs, wore a 34A bra, was about 5'5" and slender.  Unfortunately, a 32C = 34B = 36A.

Therefore, generalizations such as you heard on 90210 have little meaning in the real world.  The obvious answer is see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience in breast augmentation, try on various size implants while in his or her office, go with the visual, find the surgeon you can trust, and then give a lot of consideration to his or her recommendation. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Implants and cup size

+1

Every patient "wears" the implants a bit differently.  There is not exact science to predict the cup size because bra manufacturers are all different.

Breast size with implants

+1

No, what you have heard is really incorrect.  This varies greatly from person to person.  Everyone has a different frame size, breast size etc.  It will take different volumes to get you to a certain cup size.  When you discuss this with your plastic surgeon, make sure he individualizes his treatment for you as an individual. There is no cookie cutter formula for this.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Are These All Equal in Size?

+1

There is no direct correlation between implant volume and cup size. After the augmentation, the cup size is equal to your own volume plus the implant. BTW, best to get your info from board certified surgeons, not TV shows.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant size and equivalent cup size

+1

Hi, that is completely incorrect and misleading actually. there is no scientific formula relating implant size to the resulting cup size. every patient is different and the same implant can look so different on different patients. I have patients who got 400 cc and became a D cup and have others who remained a C cup. it depends on a lot of factors and only a qualified plastic surgeon can inform you and show you the difference, by reviewing several patient pictures during an actual consultation.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Volume and Cup Sizes

+1

Whatever you have heard is inaccurate. There is no easy or direct method of correlating implant size on final cup size increase. Everyone's breasts and chest are different so it is not as simple as the linear realtionship that you have described. While it is true that sequentially larger implants make for bigger sizes, it rarely is impacted so easily by 50cc increments.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast Implant Sizes Concerns?

+1

Although you may hear otherwise, I can assure you that there is no reliable predictor of breast cup size change  with a specific implant size/profile. There are many variables involved including the patient's specific body type (for example chest wall contour and amount of breast tissue present) as well as the variability of cup sizes depending on the bra manufacturer.
The best advice I can give you online:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.