Is This the Beginning of Exogenous Ochronosis? (photo)

I used hydroquinone 4% for six weeks, twice daily, for the treatment of melasma. I developed white patches and immediately stopped. Now, almost three months later, I am seeing dark speckles on my skin by cheekbone and crow's feet area. The white patches are still prominent too. Is this just freckling or exogenous ochronosis & leukoderma? I'm strict with my sunscreen use, used the product in winter and didn't even use it for the full recommended course of two months. Panicking! Advice welcome.

Exogenous Ochronosis

+2

The pictures fail to show exogenous Ochronosis. They rather show breaking down of the pigment.

New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon