Is This the Beginning of Exogenous Ochronosis? (photo)

I used hydroquinone 4% for six weeks, twice daily, for the treatment of melasma. I developed white patches and immediately stopped. Now, almost three months later, I am seeing dark speckles on my skin by cheekbone and crow's feet area. The white patches are still prominent too. Is this just freckling or exogenous ochronosis & leukoderma? I'm strict with my sunscreen use, used the product in winter and didn't even use it for the full recommended course of two months. Panicking! Advice welcome.

Exogenous Ochronosis

The pictures fail to show exogenous Ochronosis. They rather show breaking down of the pigment.

New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon