Is It Okay to Go the Beach One Week After Having Subcision and Fraxel Laser for my Acne Scars?

Laser and the beach do not go well together

+2

No, you should not be going to the beach for a while after laser and subcision.  You need to stay completely out of the sun.  Talk to your doctor, I am sure they will agree. 

Hello

+2

Usually we tell our patients to wait at least 6 weeks before starting to go in the sun. You can get hyperpigmentation and you will not be happy with that. You skin is very sensitive for the first 6 weeks.

Going to the Beach!

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on which Fraxel was done and the aggressiveness, will determine your initiation to normal routines and sun exposure. If you have any redness, crusting, peeling, or abnormal residual skin response from the laser, I would absolutely advise against direct sun exposure. if your skin is completely back to its normal state, you may go out with caution always practicing sun protection.  You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and treating various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist