I Am Considering the Bbl Surgery, How Long Do the Drains Have to Stay in After Surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift. Don't need drains at all.

+3

Brazillian Butt Lift is done with liposuction and fat grafting. This only requires very small incisions, and does not require any drainage. There may be some leakage from the small incisions but I certainly do not place any drains that have to be removed later.

The benefit from this procedure is from the combination of removing fat from where it is unwanted above the buttocks, and also below the buttocks sometimes, and adding fat to the buttocks where it is needed to shape the buttock.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

How long do drains stay in after the BBL?

+2

The BBL does not usually require drains. If you choose a plastic surgeon who uses them, I don't think they will need to stay for long. At our center we almost never use drains for the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD

Drains After Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

+1

Hello. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure in which I use  drains after the surgery. While you will be able to walk on the day of the surgery, I recommend that all of my patients use Spanx for 6 weeks afterword in order to reduce swelling and shape the body.

Jaime Perez MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Drains are not typically needed for a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

A fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift) involves liposuction and re-injection of the fat, which doesn't usually require any drains. You will however require a good fitting surgical garment after your surgery which helps control swelling and contour.  You can discuss this in more detail with a board certified plastic surgeon during your consultation

Dr.Bruno.

William Bruno, MD

Drains for BBL?

+1

You are mistaken, no-one uses drains for BBL. The tiny incisions may drain a little into the bandages but an actual drain is never used. Some plastic surgeons leave the tiny liposuction incisions unsutured to encourage this drainage, I don't. It just makes a mess in the bed and encourages infection. The actual fat transfer is done thru a single nick in the inter-gluteal crease and it never drains from there. 

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon