What is the Average Time It Takes for a Diabetic Person to Recover from the Operation?

What risks are there for people with diabetes having chin liposuction?

Recovery after Chin Liposuction?

+2

Recovery from chin liposuction is generally ( relatively) pain-free with most patients returning to activities of daily living within a few days. This should not necessarily be different for a patient with diabetes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Recovery from chin liposuction

+1

The diabetes should not affect your procedure. In general, diabetic patients should have their blood sugar under control prior to having any surgery. There may be a slight delay in healing due to diabetes, but there are no major risks as long as the disease is being successfully managed. I would advise discussing any health issues with your surgeon ahead of time, as this will allow him/her to assess your needs properly and give you the best possible result. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Recovery for Diabetic after chin liposuction

+1

I wouldn't say that your recovery would be much different than a patient without diabetes.  You may be at a slightly increased risk for infection so you may want to start antibiotics the day before.  The question your really need to review with your surgeon is how well controlled is your diabetes?  If it's marginal to poorly controlled you may experience some increased healing time.  Best of luck.  Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing time should be the same for diabetic patient

+1
Chin liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that heals quickly and should not be any different for a diabetic patient versus non diabetic. As long as your diabetes is under control and you are cleared for surgery you should heal quickly and be back to your normal activities within a few days. Chin liposuction is a very effective procedure with great results and minimal downtime. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Your healing time is likely to be the same as a nondiabetic.

+1

Provided your are a well controlled diabetic with no history of kidney disease or retinopathy, it would not be anticipated that you would take longer to heal from a neck liposuction than a nondiabetic .  I personally feel that this minimally invasive procedure can be a much better option for a diabetic than an open face lift where long term microvascular damage associated with the diabetes will definitely take it toll on the circulation of the facial flaps that are a necessary part of a facelift.