What's the Average Recovery Time for Juvederm Lip and Frown Line Treatment?

Recovery from injection to tear trough

+4

Generally, any bruising has disappeared by 10-14 days.  The initial swelling may be minimal.  Often after a few days , the areas injected are looking very nice.  Do not get a treatment just a few days prior to a big event.  You will bruise for sure!

Juvederm recovery time

+1

Juvederm in the lips can cause considerable swelling and some bruising for a few days so I would prepare for that, but it will resolve. In the frown area if you do not get any bruising you should be fine the next day.

Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Recovery Time for Juvederm Lip and Frown Line Treatment

+1

Juvaderm treatment, for the lips and frown lines, works very well and with little down time.  Side effects from Juvaderm injections will vary greatly from patient to patient.  Different skin types, different areas, even different regularly taken medications, can affect the amount of bruising and swelling that appears.  There may be some pain at the injection site, however, as well as different amounts of swelling and bruising.  These side effects will disappear on their own, in roughly 8-10 days.  In just a couple days, the area treated should be looking much better and you should really be noticing some fabulous results.  You will probably want to take the rest of the day off, after a treatment of Juvederm, let yourself get comfortable with any bruising (make-up and concealer can do wonders!) or swelling that initially appears. 

Houston Dermatologist

Juvederm recovery

+1

The recovery for Juvederm treatment for the lips and nasiolabial folds varies from person to person.  The lips in general are very vascular and are prone to mild swelling and bruising which will reside in a few days.  Bruising is also increased in patients who are on blood thinners, such as; asparin, ibuprofen, etc.  I tell my patients to allow a couple of days for down time but makeup and concealer can be applied promptly after treatment.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Average Recovery Following Juvederm to Lips and Frown Lines

+1

Some swelling may be present for 24-48 hours, but most do not notice this as long as the injections were done conservatively to achieve a natural result. Application of cold packs to the treated tissues help to minimize this swelling. It is very important before the injections to avoid medicines and foods such as aspirin and garlic  that thin the blood and can cause bruising .

Downtime with fillers...

+1

Recovery for either areas are variable after injections with fillers.  Typically you can have a few days to a week of swelling.  Everyone is different.  If you get a bruise, bruises can last 7  to 10 days on average.  For minimal downtime, icing areas in the first 24 to 48 hours are very important and can help immensely.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

+1

Recovery time for lip augmentation using Restylane or Juvederm should be hours, if at all.  Most patients look good that night.  Fillers for the nasolabial folds, like Perlane and Radiesse, should look good right away.  Be sure to find an MD that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for your facial shaping and contouring with fillers.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Recovery time after Juvederm

+1

Recovery after fillers such as Juvederm is usually minimal.  It is not uncommon to have some swelling, which is more common in the lips than elsewhere and can be minimized with the application of a cool pack after the injections.  Otherwise there is always a potential for bruising, which is made more common by the use of blood thinners such as aspirin, motrin, and certain vitamins and nutritional supplements.  One cannot guarantee a patient will not bruise but generally it is mild and can be masked with the use of a coverup.  I advise my patients that the procedure is unlikely to prevent them from attending their normal daily activities the next day.  However.  if you have an important engagement that evening or the next day or two it might be better to defer your injections till after that.

Long Island Dermatologist

Juvederm should have minimal recovery

+1

Recovery from Juvederm should be minimal. It is possible that you might get a little bruising but that can be covered by makeup. Lip swelling can occur but is usually  almost gone within two days after injection. Swelling in frown lines is rare. You should not have any bumps or lumps unless these are actually bruises. Do not do this right before an important event as whatever can go wrong  might go wrong.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Recovery from Juvederm

+1

The recovery from Juvederm in most cases is negligible.  Some patients may get sweling and others may get some bruising.  But usualy this will not last more than a few days.