What is the Average Post Op, Lanicane and Medication Cost for Lipo?

I have a concern with the cost at Sono Bello Beverly Hills. In addition to the price per area, I'm getting charged an additional amount of money for the pre-op and post-op. Is this normal?

Liposuction cost

+1

I think you need to check prices with other surgeons. Most of us do not charge extra for post-op visits. Make sure the surgeon you use is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and has experience. Competition should keep the prices reasonable, and you should feel comfortable with the surgeon and pricing, even if you have to drive a few extra miles.

Good luck.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Charged an additional amount of money for the pre-op and post-op. Is this normal?

+1

All offices have their own pricing policies. Almost all surgeons I have dealt with in all specialties don't charge extra for post-op visits for a period of time, sometimes a year sometimes indefinite. Almost all plastic surgeons I have dealt with don't charge extra for the preop visit. 

I have more concern about charging for post op visits, since it will discourage some patients with problems from  coming back to the office. 

Quoting less than all-inclusive may make something sound less expensive when it really is not. 

All the best. 

Liposuction costs

+1

If you have concerns, you should definitely get another opinion or two to compare and make sure that you are comfortable with the surgeon (who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery), the facility where the procedure will be performed (should be State, Medicare or AAAASF certified) and the doctors before and after photographs and the doctor's staff that will be helping to care for you.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Costs

+1

In general, I prefer to quote the price for surgeon's fee, anesthesia, operating room, preop labs, medical clearance, postop care, garments, etc. all as one fee.  This tends to reduce patient concern about costs of liposuction and other cosmetic surgery procedures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cost of Liposuctions Vary A Lot.

+1

When  you go to "lipo mills", you probably won't meet the doc doing your lipo or any doctor during your consultation and you may get enticed by the cheap price per area and then when you add in all the extras and sort through the gimmicky laser talk etc...it may cost more than just going to a lipo expert, meeting the doc and getting the one-on-one care you deserve. Laser lipos are now the cheapest for a reason, they often can give substandard results with higher risks of complications. I'm not saying that this is the case at all and I don't put down any particular organization since there are good and bad docs everywhere but just make sure your lipo doc has many yrs experience and have done thousands, with happy patients, great before and after photos and doing it in an accredited facility. You should feel very comfortable with that doc from your 1st meeting during your initial consultation since he/she will need to be with you through the whole process for several months to make sure you have great results. Good results are not cheap when it comes to liposuctions. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of liposuction

+1

Every doctor sets his own fees. In my office we charger a surgeon's fee and then a facility fee covering anesthesia, supplies, and nursing.

Liposuction fees

+1

Hello.  Everyone calculates the costs of surgery differently. We have cosmetic packages including all pre and post treatment care.  Some physicians break down the costs into multiple payments. Best option is to get a second opinion near where you live.  Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon