What is the Average Cost to Remove Implants?

I have saline implants on top of the muscle and had them done back in the late 80's. I am now 54 years old and the right breast keeps deflating. I want them out!

This may cost $2000 to $3000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast implant removals, breast augmentation revisions, and breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Average Cost Of Implant removal

Thank you for your question. Each surgeon/ facility differs in regards to their pricing depending on the experience of the surgeon, where the surgery is performed, et.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Implant removal

If someone is just having the implants removed and there is no significant capsule the cost at our office in Birmingham Alabama is just 2800$ for everything. If a capsule is needing to be treated then it can add about 1000$ to the cost. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

140 Village Street
Birmingham, AL 35242

Implant Removal

Implant and capsule removal costs may vary from state to state but the good news is the surgery may be covered by your insurance.  Removing the implants and capsules may also expose you to the need for a lift 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

400 West Central Ave
Brea, CA 92821

Breast implant Explant

Breast implant explant is simple. But I believe the capsule should be removed in total, that is total capsulectomy, this will make the surgery more expensive and time consuming. If the capsule is not removed then the cavity can accumulate fluid. Some will leave the capsule, then removing a saline implant can be done under local anesthesia, less expensive, and faster recovery, but has the risk of fluid accumulation and the need for another surgery to remove the capsule.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Breast implant removal

The cost of elective procedures varies by setting of the surgery, the area of the country, and by surgeon.  In Massachusetts I would guess that this procedure would cost between $4000 and $7000.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS

332 Washington St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481

Removing implants

Removing implants usually is fairly straightforward. As for the fee, it really depends upon the surgeon and the area.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028