Can the Autologous Fat Injections Put into my Nasal Labial Fold Areas Be Removed or Reduced? (photo)

They are making my face look misshapen. I have tried pressing on them and massage. I heard about something once that was used as a facial peel/restorative that had the side effect of dissolving fat injections, but I cant remember what it was called. Could it be removed or reduced using a syringe, drawing some out?

Micro-Liposuction after Autologous Fat Transfer

+1

The areas of concern around your nasolabial folds can be re-contoured using small "micro" cannulas and low pressured suction using syringes or a liposuction system with adjustable pressure. I do not recommend any type of chemical solutions to "dissolve" the fat, as the results will be unpredictable and may worsen the appearance of the nasolabial folds and adjacent areas.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best of Luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Reduce Fat in Nasolabial Folds

+1

In general, it is possible to do small amounts of liposuction, which is essentially what you're asking about.  Using very fine cannulas (tubes), fat can be removed precisely and in small amounts at any one time.  That is not to say that the entire region can be sculpted as precisely as it it were a block of wood, particularly since the final result depends not only on the fat that is removed but the manner in which the overlying skin redrapes, but it can nevertheless be contoured.  My sense it that that would be the best approach at this point.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Fat Graft

+1

Fat graft bto the nasolabial fold can be removed with micro liposuction.

There is no good meducation to inject and get even absorption and thus even results.

To begin with your nasolabial folds are not a candidate for fillers. You have significant hollowness in the nasolabial, cheek, and some in the temple.

You also have different lower lids. ? fillers.

You need to reevaluate what is it that you wnt to achieve, and consult a board certified plastic surgeon for all the options.

Removal of Fat Grafting

+1

Fat grafting takes some time to stabilize and some excess edema (swelling) can persist for quite some time. If it has been a while since your fat transfer, your surgeon may wish to consider injecting some Kenalog (steroid) into the region which sometimes helps to break down some of the fat.

Other techniques I have used in the past include microliposuction with a very fine cannula. 

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Toronto

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon