The Asymery of my Breasts and the Tissue Pulling Looks Awful and is Very Uncomfortable, How To Fix? (photo)

I am 5´5inches, weigh 120lbs. Augmentation 7 months ago. Under muscle, silicone 295cc. projection 5. I have noticed stretching and or dimpling on the inner lower parts of my breasts. I also have pain under the breasts it is a pulling sensation constantly. I am due to see my PS this Thursday 1/12/12. I am unhappy with the appearance of my breasts. Would it be helpful to adjust the position of the pockets or some such other procedure? I do not want larger implants. Any recommendations? Thank you.

+2

Good posted photos. Best to understand that over the internet we can only guess. Your issues are many that need in person evaluation. There is no doubt you need revision, internal adjustments and possible lift. 

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+2

Asymmetry after breast augmentation is often related to differences in the breast size and breast envelope beforehand. A careful look back at your before photos may give insights into how the pocket worked out the way is has. Revision of the pocket on the smaller side, and a different implant may improve the symmetry, though some differences are likely to persist.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Revision Breast Surgery

+2

Thank you for the question and photos. I think that you may end up benefiting from some type of revisionary surgery to increase the support of the breast implants.  This procedure may involve capsulorrhaphy (internal suture support of the lower breast implant pocket) and/or breast lifting.

I would suggest that you ask your plastic surgeon to demonstrate experience with similar situations.

Best Wishes!

Time to review your preop photos

+2

As has been said, you will probably see most of your issues, asymmetry and sagging back from before the augmentation in your preop photos.  The augmentation just magnifies who you are and makes these issues more apparent.  You will probably need a larger wider implant on the smaller side or else just lift them both and reduce the biger one leaving the implants alone.  Don't handcuff your doctor out of being able to do what you need just because of cc's in the implant or scars from a lift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correcting Sagging Breasts AFTER Breast Augmentation

+2

Everyone has some facial and breast asymmetry. The asymmetry you are unhappy is merely preoperative asymmetry which was made more evident by the 295 cc beast implant placed 7 months ago. Your ? Right breast appears smaller than the left AND it appears from this frontal view the implant may have undermined the breast fold. If this is the case, a repair may be needed. Otherwise, I would place a slightly larger implant on this side and perform a Breast Lift to get you much perkier breasts.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Unhappy with breast aug

+2

You have some asymmetry of your breasts which I would guess you had before your surgery. It also looks like you have ptosis, sagging, of the breasts. I would recommend getting a formal lift procedure, or mastopexy. Especially if you do not want to go any larger, which I would not recommend doing or you're going to have larger saggier breasts. Discuss with your surgeon and go over your pre-op photos.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast patient not happy.

+1

I understand how you feel. It seems to me that you need some type\ of breast lift like a short vertical lift to re-position the breast higher. The size inplant and over all size is  your choice.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

LIft and capsule work

+1

What you will want surgically really depends upon the look you want. This is something to discuss with your surgeon before more surgery is undertaken. It looks like a lift plus or minus capsular work to me, but you need an examination to determine the best treatment.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

You may have capsular contracture based on the pain and pulling sensation.

+1

You will need in person consultation to evaluate your breast for capsular contracture and pectoralis muscle position. You may need capsule revision,lift and possible fat grafting for he cleavage.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery following breast augmentation

+1

It appears that you had a good deal of breast sagging and asymmetry prior to your procedure so it would be helpful to review your pre operative photos as well.   From what I can see your right areola is much wider than the left, this leads me to believe that you have some degree of tissue and breast laxity.   This would account for your post operative appearance.  It also appears that the left breast is smaller than the right and you have some degree of capsular contracture.     I do not know if a breast lift was initially discussed with you as an option when you had your initial surgery.   A possible plan would include:

1.  Breast lift

2. Adjustment of the capsule either by capsulopexy or with the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix such as Stratisse

3. Increasing the volume of the left breast

Discuss your options with your plastic surgeon, he is in the best position to know what needs to be done to improve your breast shape.