I am of Biracial Heritage. Can the Area of the Nose Between the Eyes Be Altered by Rhinoplasty To Be Made More African American?

I am of bi racial heritage and have a slim nose with a fairly pointed tip, I would like a rhinoplasty to make my nasal bridge a very gradual subtle smooth curve, with also a very subtle widening, and also I would like the width between my eyes to be increased slightly. is this possible?

Can the Area of the Nose Between the Eyes Be Altered by Rhinoplasty To Be Made More African American?

+1

The radix of the nose can be made wider with grafting and the dorsum and tip can be altered as well.  This is usually done as a reconstructive measure, but this can be done as a cosmetic procedure as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

African American rhinoplasty

+1

The  nasal bridge can be raised or lowered depending upon what your goals are with rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty will not change the distance between your eyes.

Altering of area between eyes.

+1

You can have alterations of your nasal bridge performed which will create the visual illusion and perception of an increased width but the actual distance between your eyes cannot be changed.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

The with between the eyes can be increased only with major surgery.

+1

To widen the distance between the eyes requires cutting a bone and moving the orbits which contained a eyes. This sounds like extreme surgery for minor cosmetic deformity and it is.