How Can I Get the Area Under my Chin and Neck Tighter? (photo)

I am 33 years old and I would like the area under my chin to be tighter and a more defined jaw line. The bottom part of my face seems too pudgy and round and I'm not sure if I could benefit from upper lip enhacement or something else to make my mouth look more attractive. What options would be appropriate for me?

Neck and jawline definition options

+1

Thank your for the question and the photos.  When it comes to jawline and neck definition both the size of the jaw as well as the size/shape of the neck should be taken into account.  Often the diagnosis is really one or more of the following:  1) jaw (mandible) is too small, 2) neck is too full 3) tissue of the face and neck is too loose.  Consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons is recommended.  Based on examination and discussion about your goals I suspect that a chin implant and neck liposuction would be your best course of treatment.  Evaluation of the laxity of your neck and face would be needed to determine if a neck lift would be needed as well.

Dr. Remus Repta

Tightening the Neck with Liposuction

+1

At my practice in New York, neck liposuction is accomplished through tiny incisions placed behind the ears and under the chin. With neck liposuction, little straw-like cannulas are used to suction the fat away from below the chin. This should result in a more contoured jawline below the chin and a tighter looking neck area. If there is excess skin, neck rejuvenation procedures may be combined with other procedures in order to maximize improvement. I recommend consulting with a qualified expert who can give you a proper examination for neck lift surgery.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tightening chin and neck at age 33

+1

The easiest and least expensive solution would be to do liposuction.  At age 33 your skin should be in good shape and removal of fat alone would likely suffice.

Sam Naficy, MD

Chin and Neck Improvement?

+1

You may be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and/or chin augmentation. Consultation with several well experienced  board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful.

Tightening the neck and area under the chin

+1

The best way to tighten the lower neck is to perform a neck lift.  This is a procedure that addresses fat above and below the platysmal muscle as well as tightening the platysmal muscle.  This will enable the patient to have a nice natural angulated jaw line.  It is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes an hour and a half to perform.  This operation is often performed in conjunction with a chin implant when there is a retrusion of the lower mandible.  The chin implant is placed through the very same incision as the neck lift and will complement the entire neck lift procedure.

Neck improvement in younger patient

+1

I agree, the appearance of your neck will improve greatly with a chin implant alone but laser liposuction will also help to define your neck with minimal downtime.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline alternatives

+1

Please see a few expert plastic surgeons for an in person exam.  From the photos, it appears that you could get a nice result from liposuction and a chin implant plus some fillers.  Depending on the depth and angularity you need to be happy, you might need to consider a neck lift in which the fat is removed and the muscles are tightened through a chin incision.  Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tightening the neck and getting a defined jaw line

+1

Your problem is a combination of things that are quite common. You have a prominence under the chin in the neck that is probably caused by excess fat. If it is, liposuction can improve this greatly. The only problem will be if you have a very prominent muscle in the area. To determine this you need to see a Plastic Surgeon who has experience in treating this area. Your second problem is lack of projection of your chin. This makes the other appear more problematic. This can be resolved with a chin implant. Doing both should give an outstanding result. Make an appointment to find out exactly what you can expect.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Neck tightening options

+1
You could benefit from liposuction of the neck for contouring. This can be performed in the office surgery suite under local anesthesia and has a quick recovery time. You would need to wear a binder at night for several weeks but this is a minimal discomfort and you would see a definite improvement. Restylane can be injected into the lips. However, although many patients think they want filler to augment their lips, it is better to start conservatively and add more filler if the patient desires it than to augment all at once and have a patient who thinks it was too much or asks for the antidote.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

How Can I Get the Area Under my Chin and Neck Tighter?

+1

From the photo you chin appears weak and there is excess fatty tissue and a bit of excess skin below your chin.  Over the past 20 years I have found Chin Implant placement (through an incision below the chi, not inside the mouth) to be highly effective in decreasing unwanted skin in this area.  The Chin Implant adds volume (and balances the lower face on profile when weak) requiring added tissue to accommodate that extra volume.  The excess skin, below the skin is rotated upward to accommodat the Chin Implant reducing the appearance of fullness below the chin.  The excess fatty tissue is reduced using micro-liposuction and any reamaining skin can be excised using the same incision for Chin Implant placement.