What is the Approximate Cost of the Laser Upper & Lower Eyelid Surgery? Will my Insurance Cover It if It Affects my Eye Sight?

+2

In our practice it is approximately $6000. for upper and lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) this includes OR and anesthesia fees.  Ususally insurance does not cover this procedure unless it significantly impedes your vision. Consult with your primary doctor and insurance company for insurance coverage questions.

Upper lids maybe covered.

+1

The cost can vary from region to region, but will be in the 5000-6000 range, give or take. The lowers are never covered by insurance. The uppers would have to be signficant to be covered by insurance.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Blepharoplasty

+1

Surgical fees will vary depending on location and surgeon. The range will likely be $4000 - $8000. Laser blepharoplasty is unlikely to meet the minimum requirements for insurance coverage.

Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

In most cases, insurance will not cover upper or lower eyelid surgery - especially since it is done for cosmetic reasons.  The cost depends on the surgeon, the city and the extent and complexity of surgery that you need.  While you should be cost conscious during your look for a surgeon, beware that you are not going shopping at an outlet mall.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Insurance coverage of blepharoplasty

+1

It is getting progressively more difficult to get insurance to cover anything nowadays, especially if a procedure could be categorized as "cosmetic".  As a rule, lower blepharoplasty is never covered.  Upper blepharoplasty may be covered with positive visual field test- again, this would depend on your insurance carrier.  Insurance may not even require a preauthorization for upper blepharoplasty, but then deny the coverage post factum saying that the procedure was cosmetic.  If this happens, you should be ready to pay for the cost of surgery out of pocket.

The costs vary

+1

Insurance usually does NOT cover this procedure as it is cosmetic. The costs vary from doctor to doctor. If you get an internet price it may not be reliable as there are three parts to all surgery, 1- the operating doctor 2- the OR fee ( even if it is outpatient) and 3- a fee for the anesthesiologist.

Make sure you have a board certified plastic surgeon and the surgery is in a certified sergi-center.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Insurance coverage for blepharoplasty

+1
If your eyelid issues are mild enough for laser to be an option. They will certainly not be covered by insurance. Lower lid bleph is never covered because there is no functional necessity. The prerequisites for upper lid bleph are diseases no one should have, such as myasthenia gravis or multiple sclerosis. Blephs were the first procedure the insurers got wise to, at least 25 years ago. They know that field studies and photos can be manipulated and I have had only one procedure worthy of coverage in 15 years under the guidelines. I would not hold out much hope that you will obtain authorization for this procedure.