What is the Approximate Cost for a Total Body Lift in Canada?

By total body lift I mean arms, breast lift with implants, tummy/pubic area, thigh and butt. I will be having gastric bypass some point soon hopefully and I have about 200 lbs to lose. I wanted to get a rough estimate so I can be prepared for the cost in the future. I am also aware that OHIP will cover the tummy portion, but will OHIP cover anything else?

Body Lift Pricing

+2

Although I am not in Canada, I know that each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia. 

Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

Best Wishes

Body lift

+2
OHIP does not cover a tummy tuck, only a panniculectomy.  People often confuse those two.make sure you understand the difference and realize that a panniculectomy still requires a prior approval by OHIP.  OHIP will not cover a panniculectomy in about 40% of applicants.  You need to have a large abdominal pannus which overhangs your thighs!
A total body lift like you described would likely cost about $25-$30 000.  While each surgeon has slightly different fees, it would be difficult to give you a good result for anything less than this estimate.
Once you loose your weight and your weight is stable, have a consultation with a plastic surgeon experienced with bariatric patients as it is a unique skill not all plastic surgeons may have experience with.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD