Is the Anesthesiologist Financially Responsible in the Case of Corneal Abrasion?

I had surgery today at a hospital and ended up with a corneal abrasion, which the doctor said occurred when the tape was removed. The anesthesiologist gave me an antibiotic ointment to use three times a day and told me to watch it and if it got worse to go to the ER plus it might be a good idea to see an ophthalmologist.The thing is, I'm on disability and can't afford additional treatment. I understand that accidents happen, but would the anesthesiologist be liable to pay for such treatment?.

Corneal Abrasion Cheek Implants

+1

Corneal abrasions are not rare and fortuneately subside within a few days.

I do believe that people on disability have government sponsored medical benefits.  These should cover any additional visits you may have to make to a local opthalmologist or E.R. The anesthesiologist gave you sound advise.

Corneal Abrasion

+1

Corneal abrasions usually get better in a day or two without any specific treatment.  Corneal abrasions are a known risk of having any surgery, and they happen even to the most capable and careful of doctors.