Is the Amount of Swelling I'm Experience One Day Post PermaLip Implants Normal? (photo)

I had PermaLip implants placed yesterday with a reputable doctor who had great results with his other patients, everything went great and I've had no complications thus far except for what seems to be extreme and excessive swelling. It started immediately and has only gotten worse, I had 5mm implants in top and bottom and I'm concerned about the final results. I would appreciate feedback before calling my Dr. in a panic as he didn't seem concerned about the swelling at all. Thank you!

The Management of Lip Swelling After Lip Augmentation

+2

My patients do well with icing of the lip area off and on for the first few days.

Also, Medrol (short-term steroid treatment) is a good way to speed the resolution of swelling.  Give you doctor a call to discuss ways to manage the lip swelling.

You may also be a person who is more likely to swell, so this is likely playing a role here.   Swelling should decrease some by the third day after surgery.

Good luck!

Swelling after lip implants

+1

You can expect a lot of swelling immediately after silicone lip implants. Icing will help, but want you really need is some time. Don't panic, this will quickly resolve over the next few days. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

One Day Post PermaLip Implants Normal?

+1

Thanks for the question. Yes its too early for thinking about good or bad results. Your PS is right if he is not bothered about the swelling. Lip tissue being softest part of our face is bound to swell more then any other parts and you should not panic. Give it at least 5 days time to settle down before calling your PS.I wish you good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after PermaLip implant

+1

Thanks for sharing your photos. From the photos, the amount of swelling is typical after lip implant. The swelling is usually most significant for 48 to 72 hours after the procedure. You should start to see the swelling subsides after couple more days. You final result may not be apparent for several weeks. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS