Should the Amount of Swelling After Cellulaze Be About the Same on Each Side (Thigh)?

If there is much more swelling on one side/thigh than the other side is this a concern, or is it somewhat expected?

Swelling after Cellulaze

+2
Thank you for your question. Swelling is a very common side effect of Cellulaze. If you have increased swelling on one side, do not be alarmed. Every patient heals differently, and reacts accordingly to the treatment. The swelling should subside within around 4 weeks. Best of luck. 

Swelling after Cellulaze

+2

After any procedure, surgery or even injections, it is not unusual to have asymmetric swelling.  One side may have more swelling one day and the next it may be the other.  Not only does each patient vary in the amount of swelling and the course that it takes but the distribution of that swelling on each individual can vary as well.  As always, if you have any worries or concerns about your procedure or your recovery, follow up with the surgeon that performed your procedure.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

+2

It is normal to have swelling and bruising after Cellulaze.  As a matter of fact, we see more bruising from Cellulaze than lipo.  As with lipo, you can have more swelling on one size than the other.  Just make sure you follow up with your doctor.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Swelling after #Cellulaze

+2

swelling after Cellulze treatment is normal. and it is also normal to have one side swell more than the other. I would agree with responses form other doctors that the swelling post-procedure depends on a lot of factors and most of them are related to the way your body heals and your local blood supply and lymphatic supply. I would advise to follow your PS post-procedure care and instructions

Misbah Khan, MD

Swelling can vary in different areas

+2

Swelling can be more in one area than another.  This can vary because of the amount of treatment may have been different in one area than another, your activity level, and the degree of compression.  If you are concerned, please see your Cellulaze PS for an evaluation. 

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Differential swelling of legs after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  It could be quite normal to see a different swelling of your legs after the procedure.  It could even be influenced by how you sleep at night, too!  More than likely each leg had a different "road map" to guide the positioning of the laser fiber (up, down, sideways).  This can very well influence how the energy is absorbed by the local tissues, causing different responses.  I hope this helps and best of luck.  Robret Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze and Swelling

+1

Swelling after Cellulaze is normal, although patients react differently. If you are swollen a bit more on one side than the other do not be concerned, swelling will subside over the next few days/weeks.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

+1

Megan; Interesting question. I do not like to begin an answer with a question but it is to make a point. In liposuction of any type can swelling in one thigh be different than swelling in the same area of the other thigh? Of course it can, there are many many factors that can cause asymmetric swelling. From different size or deformity, more vascular on one side, surgeon's techniques, post operative issues as trauma or sleeping on one side, to any combination of these. So there would be no different answer for Cellulaze operations, if cellulite was a grade worse on one outer thigh vs the other I might use double the energy to treat so just in this case the swelling should be more. With all things equal yes the swelling should be relatively the same. But I find things are seldom equal in life, so for symmetrical swelling following CELLULAZE I hope but am not surprised if it does not happen. Regards from MIAMI