How Can I Get the Least Amount of Scars While Correcting my Significant Breast Sagging?

I have seen that Dr. Horndeski uses the "ultimate lift" technique that only leaves scars around the nipples and another hidden in the breast crease, eliminating the ugly vertical scar that is present in most reductions and lifts. I was wondering if this technique is used by other doctors and if it would work for a women who is looking for a big lift?

Ultimate Breast Lift technique designed to meet challenging degrees of ptosis

+3

Dear Paulinamarie,

The Ultimate Breast Lift technique was designed after many years of performing the various types of vertical scar lifting techniques without longterm success. Complex engineering principles in conjunction with reconstructive techniques are utilized to rejuvinate the female breast without compromising esthetics, longevity, nipple sensitivity or the ability to breast feed. The UBL allows for customization of the female breast regardless of size or dimensions. This is not a 'cookie-cutter' procedure like the others. It is a superior solution to a complex problem that has eluded plastic surgery for decades. The greatest attribute of this technique is its mechanical strength which results from its internal suspension mechanism and the removal of the vertical scar which inherently weakens the entire skin envelope. The cone is fashioned internally rather than externally. This is a proprietary engineering technique and as such uniquely exclusive. I encourage you to do your research. This is a great start!

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with minimal scars

+2

Hi,

Minimal scars give a minmal lift, unless you instead have a big enough saline augmentation ($4400) done through a 1 inch incision in the belly button or arm-pit.

Lawrence Foster, MD, FACS, FICS  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Avoiding scars and lifts

+1

The technique described can be used in some patients with significant excess skin, however the shape of the breast may be less than ideal because the breast is not coned adequately by omitting the vertical scar resulting in a flat, more boxy shape with likely dog ears along the lower incision.  In general the vertical scar heals very well and is a minimal price to pay for a nice breast shape. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Scars

+1

The most important question is what technique is most likely to give your breasts the shape and appearance that you desire.  You state that you have significant sagging of your breasts which implies that you may have a lot of skin to be removed.  I think most plastic surgeons with some experience have learned that it is a poor tradeoff to use a shorter scar technique if that technique is not capable of producing the desired result.  Then you have scars and still have not addressed the problem you wanted to correct.  Better to use the necessary incisions to get the job done as most scars will fade to an acceptable degree over time.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Limited scar breast reduction

+1

It doesn't matter what you call a technique, the questions are: what is the anatomical problem and what is the ultimate goal? Answers to these questions will produce the technique that is required. While scars around only the areola and in the inframammary crease can produce some reduction and some shaping, whether this is appropriate for your situation depends on your answers to the above questions. If you have excessive skin in the transverse direction beneath the areola, then you probably need some scar extending down from the areola in order to shape the breast. of course if you care more about "reduction" of volume and weight and less concerned about shape or contour, then less scars may be possible.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Shorter Scar Breast Lifts

+1

In general, longer breasts are going to require some removal and tightening of skin at the bottom, hence the vertical scar.  It is a necessary trade for a better shape in most cases. 

I prefer the LeJour technique which uses a lollipop shaped scar, but encourage you to research the various techniques carefully.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS