What Are the Advantages of Laser Neck Lift As Opposed to the Traditional One?

How little or great is the chance of laser burns from a laser neck lift?

Laser Neck Lift vs. Neck Lift Surgery

+1

Laser neck lift versus a traditional neck lift is a controversial topic. The answer is: it depends on the surgeon. The hype around lasers leads people to believe the technology is the key to the results. This is untrue. Technology in the hands of a skilled surgeon enhances results. An unskilled or inexperienced doctor with a laser is not the ideal situation. If the surgeon performs the full spectrum of facelifts (small incision to extensive face and necklifts), you can be more confident that the laser is an additional tool for the surgeon.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser neck lift

+1

Laser neck lifts can accomplish relatively little tightening, especially in someone with significant skin laxity.  We have a smart lipo machine in our practice and it is use full for areas that need minimal tightening or a small touch-up

Sam Naficy, MD

Neck lift

+1

Good question.  If the laser neck lift is simply a conventional necklift using a laser for some part of the dissection, then I cannot see this as being different to conventional necklifting.  A laser is simply a tool that may be incorporated into one of a number of surgical procedures.  However, one should establish whether the laser is being used for possible resurfacing, or tightening, of the skin and subcutaneous tissues.  In this scenario, the laser is being deployed as an alternative to surgery.  Most would agree that the latter will not provide as dramatic a result as surgery.   I would clarify this with your surgeon.

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

+1

There aren't any.  Laser used beneath the skin can cause serious burns while attempting to shrink the skin.  A formal Neck Lift tightens the underlying Platysma muscle and removes excess fat and skin all things that a Laser Neck Lift can't.

Laser neck lift

+1

A neck lift whether done with or without the laser helps with sagging neck skin and excess fatty tissue. The laser is a tool and does not have much advantage in the thin skin of the neck unless you have a tremendous amount of fat where it might facilitate liposuction. That being said there is a significant risk of laser burns and these do occur and in my opinion offers no traditional benefit over a traditional necklift procedure. I would seek a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't recommend Laser Neck Lifting

+1

I would highly recommend that you do a bit more research and visit with board certified plastic surgeons to get more information regarding neck lifting.  

Make sure you see before and after photos AND speak to patients who have had the procedure performed to hear what they have to say about the procedure.

Best Wishes!

Laser neck lift is a gimmick.

+1

Hi.

Legitimate plastic surgeons don't promote this.  Some necks can be improved just with liposuction.  Otherwise, you need a short incision under the chin to correct the drooping tissue.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Advantages of a laser neck lift?

+1

IMHO, a laser neck lift is a marketing gimmick.  No more, no less.  Some doctors use lasers during traditional lifting procedures and that is fine.  Those doctors may see a benefit (hopefully aside from marketing) in doing this that I don't see. But a non lifting laser procedure on the neck is just a way to part people from their hard earned money without significant benefit.  Perhaps you will get other opinions.  We'll see.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon