What is the Most Advanced Eye Surgery Tech Currently on the Market?

What is the most advanced eye surgery tech currently on the market?

Most Advanced Technology: PRK

+1

The most advanced laser vision correction procedures are wavefront guided (custom) Surface Ablation (PRK) with Mitomycin C and the Amoils Brush or wavefront guided LASIK with Intralase.  Surface ablation is safer, while LASIK has a shorter recovery time. A series of studies have shown wavefront guided treatments to result in superior outcomes to wavefront optimized.  I have increasingly been doing more and more surface ablation as safety is my paramount concern.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Most Advanced Technology

+1

There isn't one technology that every surgeon would consider to be the most advanced.  There are a number of different companies that are developing newer and better technologies and the various technologies also have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Since each person is unique, what is best for one patient may not be best for another patient.  Rather than name one piece of technology that is the most advanced, I would suggest that you find a surgeon who has multiple technologies available and is experienced with all of them.

If you find a surgeon that always uses the same equipment, there might actually be a better technology for your particular case.  Ask the surgeon what technology he/she recommends and why.

Jay Bansal, MD
San Francisco Ophthalmologist

ILASIK most advance vision correction

+1

The most advanced vision correction surgery today is iLASIK.  A combination of CustomVue and IntraLase technology, this all bladeless procedure customizes LASIK treatment to the unique variables of each individual eye.

Christopher Coad, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Most advanced eye technology

+1

This is a broad question, but I believe that Custom WaveFront technology is the most interesting technology in ophthalmology.  It measures the visual aberrations across thousands of points on the cornea.  The image is then processed by a computer so as to treat each area of the cornea distinctly giving the best possible vision.

Mark Golden, MD
Chicago Ophthalmologist

Most advanced form of laser vision correction

+1

in my opinion, it's epi-LASEK or epi-LASIK, which combines the better safety and longer track record of a PRK, with the quicker healing and no pain of a LASIK

i am reviewing a paper as an editorial writer for the Asian Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology that is in press, that shows slightly superior results in epi-LASIK over LASIK, in terms of better visual acuity, lower residual refractive error, and especially better corneal sensation and less dry eyes

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist