What is the Best Way to Address my Eye and Brow Asymmetry? (photo)

I have very asymmetric eyes and eyebrows. I know there is a limit on what can be done to improve this, but I what is the best course of option for optimal results?

Improving mild eye and brow asymmetry

+1

Given your age and the degree of asymmetry (mild) I would limit your options to conservative non-surgical ones.  With judicious Botox and some eyebrow shaping your asymmetry can be significantly improved.  

Minor asymmetries of the eyelids should not be treated with surgery.

+1

As suggested by others, judicious use of Botox may improve the symmetry. However I would advise you against any surgery. The amount of asymmetry you have is within the range of normal.

Treating Brow and Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

First, having facial asymmetry is normal -- I have asymmetric brows myself.  Based upon your picture, the asymmetry is normal and subtle.  That being said, you could start with cost-effective measures using Botox injections (very conservative amount) to the brow for a 'chemical' browlift.  Another option includes using Ultherapy to uplift the brows...or in this case, one brow.  

Vish Banthia, MD

Facial Asymmetry

+1

Based on the photo, it appears that the asymmetry is very subtle.  Generally it is best to start with a conservative amount of Botox to see if the symmetry can be better achieved.  An in-person consultation is recommended to help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

+1

It would be best to see a full face photo.  Having said that, Botox will probably be your answer.  Where the Botox needs to be injected will depend on what look you want to achieve.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is the Best Way to Address my Eye and Brow Asymmetry?

+1

From the photo provided, the degree os eyebrow and thus upper eyelid asymmetry is very minor.  Botox injections to the lower brow would be the most that should be considered at this point in my opinion.

+1

I recommend a very conservative approach to gaining symmetry. Understand we all have anatomic differences, so try BOTOX to the right lateral upper eyelid at least 2 to 5 units. This should elevate that brow in an attempt to match the level of the opposite eye brow. If this is successful that you have a very easy 3 times a year treatment. If not successful than you might consider a surgical procedure. 

+1

I would not recommend surgery or intervention at this time.                                                                                                                              Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                       Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry of Brows

+1

Take a look around and every person has asymmetry due to differences in bony structure and soft tissue differences.  I would live with this....Thanks  CB

Cynthia Boxrud, MD
Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon