What is the Actual Procedure for Life Style Lift?

What is lifestyle lift

+2

Lifestyle lift has never been published in a journal or peer reviewed. It is a hastily performed shorter scar Macs type lift of the lower face with muscle tightening. It takes much longer I am told than an hour an you cant go back to work in days it is too swolen. Most of the doctors doing this standardized technique are not plastic surgeons.They have been criticized for over selling because like most volume business sell, sell, sell. Regardless of the complaints they are very successful and for some patients it may be the way to go.Personally I would spend a little more and have a board certified surgeon perform a customized operation to my specific needs.

What is a Lifestyle Lift

+2

That is a great question. The term Lifestyle Lift is merely a trademark. The actual procedure is a lower third facelift addressing jowling and platysmal banding in the neck. This is typically accomplished through a plication or imbrication technique in which the SMAS (muscle layer in the face) is either folded on itself and anchored in a lifted position, or it is actually cut and approximated which tightens the SMAS.

Be cautions of the lifestyle lift marketing. This is not an hour long procedure and the vast majority of people cannot return to week within a few days. If your surgeon is doing a thorough job with the intention of creating lasting results you can expect the procedure to last up to three hours depending on the surgeon and the amount of work that needs to be done and the healing process may take several months to completely resolve. That being said, most of my facelift patients are able to return to work in 10-14 days.

Another problem with the lifestyle lift is that everybody gets the same surgery. There is very little latitude within their corporate model to taylor a surgery around the patient's specific needs. I would do multiple consultations with qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeons in your area before making a decision on who you want to perform you procedure. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Minimal facelift or lower facelift in Los Angeles

+1

A lower facelift and necklift is sometimes known as an extended necklift.  Treatments take several hours to perform by an experienced plastic surgery, who can tighten fascia and remove excess skin in the upper neck and lower face. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lifestyle Lift Procedure

+1

The Lifestyle Lift is a variable length incision, variable SMAS (facial muscle) tightening procedure that is performed by Board Eligible or Certified ENT/Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeons in the United States. The Lifestyle Lift Procedure incorproates many of the most commonly used techniques many physicians are currently utilizing in facial rejuvenation, with a distinct focus on keeping the procedures as minimally invasive as posible with the shortest recovery times. To this end, physicians who perform the Lifestyle Lift utilize their best knowledges and best practices to help achieve the best outcome for their patients. The current list of available procedures at Lifestyle Lift are very diverse, and allow patients to work with their physicians to customize packages that address a variety of faical aging concerns.

In terms of practice management, Lifestyle Lift helps participating physicians focus their time and skills achieving a level of practice experience and depth that is unprecedented. The marketing process is only one small aspect of how the organization operates. Lifestyle Lift first provides extensive training materials for interested physicians before they start, including mentorships and close supervision through our medical directors. Once selected, physicians work in centers whose staff are trained in the highest standards of customer care in the aesthetic industry. This program is called EPIC, a progam that has been given high acclaim by various groups in the industry. Physicians are provided with extensive services to have all the tools needed to perform their best work. For example, Lifestyle Lift supports an Innovation Center that has wide engagements with the aesthetic medical industry, serving to evaluate and integrate the latest technology, tools, and techniques in facial aesthetics. Next, phsyicians have a wide netowrk of support to help address any issue that may arise with a procedure. This includes a patient relations group that is unique in our industry in terms of its experience in helping patients through concerns. Also, the physician group is extensive, and allows for very close collaboration on any issue that may arise as a result of this work. Finally, every physician's work is surveyed in a random fashion by a third party, allowing for statistically validated methods to measure care quality and outcomes. These ratings are transpertnly shared with physicians, with coaching and support to constantly improve scores.

In his section there is a statement that "everybody gets the same surgery". Having visited now over 20 centers and personally watched over 40 physicians perform this procedure, I can very directly state that in every instance I have observed, physicians apply their craft according to their own experience, assessments, and patient needs. Like in the rest of aesthetic surgery where there are certain core principles, but also diversity of application, the same exists in Lifstyle Lift. Aesthetic surgery is not only a science, but also an art, and Lifesyle Lift as an organization does alot to help physicians engage both aspects of the field.

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Actual Procedure For Lifestyle Lift? Good Question

+1

Since there is no published, peer reviewed description of "Lifestyle Lift" in any surgical journals, I can tell you that there is no unique quality to this procedure compared to previous descriptions of Facelift. Having performed a number of revision Facelifts for Lifestyle Lift patients in the last year, I can only tell you what I found during the revision procedures: 1) Poorly executed incisions in each of the patients, 2) Dense scar tissue suggesting elevation of skin flaps with an electrocautery, 3) Scarring between multiple surgical planes suggesting a hastily performed procedure, 4) A permanent suture loop sometimes referred to as a MACS (minimal access cranial suspension suture) placed deeper than the parotido-masseteric fascia (deeper than it should be), 5) a single suture loop in the platysma, with incompletely addressed platysmal bands. 

From a patient psychological perspective, these patients, and other patients I have seen who had the procedure done shared several complaints in the descriptions of their experience, 1) displeasure with the quality of the results, 2) displeasure with the longevity of the results (several months), 3) displeasure with preparation for and explanation of the procedure, 4) disproportionate attention paid to them on the front end than after the procedure, 5) a result that was over-promised and under-delivered 5) follow up that was described as "optional", 6) complaints were not given adequate consideration.

In my practice, and in the practices of most successful Facelift Surgeons, the final result is viewed at 1 year.  Follow up is not "optional", because lack of follow up means lack of quality control.  Consider the result that you as a patient want in a year.  Lifestyle Lift is a company...that advertises heavily...that hires Surgeons...that perform a procedure in volume.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon