What is the Best Course of Action to Treat my Undereye Bags?

I'm 27 years old and am starting to experience premature eye puffiness and dark circles. Both parents also have this condition, so I know my bags will only continue to get worse. With all the negative reviews about fillers gone wrong I'm hesitant to go down that path. I've heard that the earlier on that a blepharoplasty is done ( before bags get too bad) the easier the surgery is. Is this true? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty To Remove Eye Bags In Young Person

+2

Thank you for your question. It is true that puffy eyes, eye bags and dark circles under the eyes do tend to occur in families.

In my practice many younger people in their 20s and 30s present complaining of dark circles and puffiness under the lower eyelid. Most of these patients tell me that they have noticed dark circles and lower eyelid puffiness since they were very young.

In my experience the modern procedure of trans-conjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty with fat grafting or fat repositioning is a good option for younger patients. The benefit of this procedure is that the incision is made on the inside of the eyelid so that no visible scar can be seen and it does not change eyelid shape. In addition instead of removing fat and throwing it away, which can cause a hollow look, the fat can be placed as a graft beneath the depression below the eyelid which reduces the shadow causing the dark circle. For more details check the link below.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-removal-of-dark-circles-under-the-eyes/

+1

When we see this condition at a young age, it is usually a look that is familial. There is a small surgical procedure done through the inside of the lower eyelid so no visible scars. Make sure you speak with a well trained and experienced surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery or oculoplastic surgery. This is a common procedure and will give you a long lasting improvement that cannot be obtained by filler injections.