Can the Accutane Dosage Be Altered to Speed Up Results?

I am currently on 40mg per day and this is my last month (6th month) on roaccutane. can I increase it to 60mg per day to speed up the process? I weigh about 47kgs.

Appropriate Dosage of Accutane

+1

Thank you for your question. Being that this is your last month of Accutane it may not be beneficial to increase the dosage since you are at the end of your treatment course (discuss with dermatologist). There is a goal dosage that should be met based on your weight to ensure proper treatment and efficacy.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Accutane dosage changes should be done by your physician only

+1

Only under the advisement of your prescribing physician would I say this is ok. There are specific reasons we don't inundate someone with lots of medication at once, and no it doesn't necessarily "speed things up". Consult your physician if you would like to increase your dosage but don't try self-prescribing, it can be very dangerous.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD