Would the 600cc Mean Double DD's? 37yr 126 Lbs 5'4 Looking for Full/big D.

I need help making this crucial decision as I’m about to make my appointment.I don’t want to regret it in the future. I hear that woman regret getting smaller implants and go in for bigger. I know I want D’s for sure just to make sure I’m not getting double DD’s by going for the 600cc. I thought I was at least a B cup, but according to the surgeons measurements he said I’m more like an A cup. I wear 34D Padded due to loose skin. Lost 150lbs getting a lift/implants. Start range 500cc to 600cc

Breast Implant Size

+1
For your stated goal, 600 cc is a reasonable recommendation. However, it may not look natural.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Your size choice

+1

I use an estimate of 600cc total to be a D cup.  So it depends on what you have that you are starting with as a double D is about 700=750 cc total in my book.  It sounds like to me that the 600 would not be too big for you based on what you say.  The best way to know is for you to try on sizers at  your plastic surgeons office or to try to use one of the 3d imaging pictures or both (like the vectra) to get an idea. But it seems like that is what you want if I hear you correctly.  c-d is 600.

good luck

Dan Mills, MD

Estimating Bra Size After Augmentation

+1

There have been many attempts to estimate how much larger (by bra cup size) a woman will be for a given implant size. Ultimately, bra sizes vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer and is an imprecise measurement of breast volume. A ptotic (sagging) breast requires a larger cup size than a full lifted breast because the bra cup is supporting the breast to a larger degree in the ptotic breast.

Many surgeons use implant sizers to help patients choose implants with great success. A newer technology that we have found useful is 3D imaging. Both techniques will give you a very good estimation of how much larger you will be after surgery. Either way, focus on the look and appearance of your breasts rather than the cup size.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

The Right Implant Size For Me

+1

Short answer: that size and style implant should give you your desired result.

Long answer: Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

Outward projection is further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

• 32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
  • 34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
  • 36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
  • 38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size

Using that as a guide line you may likely be within the DD cup range postoperatively if choosing a 600cc implant

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon