Is It Ok to Have the 3rd Surgery on the Same Eye?

Lefteyelid cover my eye & r eye is normal/big. had surgery to left crease & take some skin on right eye cuz dr said its droopy. After surgery left eye crease bigger but lid still the same. 2011, found out its called ptosis. had surgery with another different ocuplastic surgeon for my left eye only! previous surgeon moved NO med records not sure what he done tocrease so opthma. dr surgery was succesful my lid is up but right eye crease bigger. i asked dr 10 yrs later can i get another surgery?hesaidno 4life

3rd eyelid surgery

+2

Having a 3rd eyelid surgery is safe BUT the real question is to define the exact eyelid problem and do the CORRECT operation.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty surgery for ptosis

+2
You need an examination by a qualified surgeon. The questions you are asking are not possible to answer without an examination and then a good diagnosis may be determined.

Michael Elam, MD

3rd eyelid surgery

+2

It is absolutely impossible to answer this question without confidence without the benefit of examining you in person.  Speaking just off the cuff, I would think that additional surgery could be performed if you are unhappy with your present condition.  See someone listed by ASOPRS.org

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Third operation for upper eyelids

+1

It is difficult to express an opinion without photos.  Even photos give only one static view and under these circumstances it is important to evaluate the eyelid in motion.  Seek a surgeon with extensive experience in this area, either a board-certified plastic surgeon or a board certified oculoplastic surgeon.  For plastic surgeons who specialize in aesthetic plastic surgery go to the website surgery.org.

John Q. Cook, MD

Probably yes to further surgery

+1

You may benefit from further eyelid surgery, but you need to be examined in person.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon