On the 15th Day of Previously Placed Implant #5, After Pain Suffer, Implant Failed. Is Safe to Do Again?

My Mother, 81 years old, no diabetes, no any injection or medication for osteoporosis, but she has osteoporosis going on. On the 15th day after surgery 9 implants (#31; #26; #23; #19; #20; #12; #5; #4; #3) implant #5 had failed. That tooth was extracted during the surgery (periodontics), for some reason, even I had asked, doctor didn't wont to do grafting first, Immediately after extraction he pleased implant #5. Now it failed and he sad, after three month - heeling he wants to placed again.

Implants fail

+1

Implants can fail with the best surgeon with immediate and non immediate surgeries.  It's is completely fine to replace the implant in 3 months. 

San Ramon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Safe to redo implant

+1

I would make sure the bone has had plenty of time to heal, 3-4 months will probably be sufficient.  After proper healing it would be safe to place another implant.  Failures don't happen often, but they do happen.  Sometimes the body just needs a little more healing time before placement.

Don W. Ririe, DDS
Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Safe to try another implant?

+1

Yes I suggest you wait about 3 months for healing to be complete and attempt again good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist