Is It Possible to Get a Fat Transfer Into the Breast to Create Fullness Instead of Implants?

Rather Than Getting an Implant Along with a Breast Lift, is It Possible to Get a Fat Transfer into the Breast to Creat Fullness?I would like to have fat transfered to my breasts. I have lot weight and along wiht that my breasts lost most of their fullness. i want to have fat removed from my body and used in place of an implant.

Fat vs implants

+1

Fat to the breast is a newly accepted procedure. There are not long term studies on it yet. It requires the harvesting of a pound or two of fat and may require repeat procedures. If youhave lost that much weight your breasts will need to be lifted up as wellas fat a. It cn be done se  doctor with experience in thisdded

Fat grafting to the breasts instead of implants after weight loss

+1

Great question, Missy, and congratulations on your weight loss!

It is theoretically possible to have fat grafting to the breasts and many plastic surgeons have patients who have achieved enviable breast enhancement after this. In Australia fat grafting to the breasts is specifically excluded from coverage by medical indemnity organisations because it is a relatively new procedure and there is concern about fat grafting and breast cancer.

It may be that there is no increased risk of breast cancer with fat grafting to the breast, and it may be that fat grafting does not prevent the early detection of breast cancer, but it is too early to say this conclusively. Please keep this in mind when seeking treatment.

The other issue I wonder about is whether you would gain sufficient enhancement with fat grafting. If you need a significant size increase to give you full breasts then it is more likely that you would achieve a result that you are happy with through breast implants. If you do not wish to have implants you may benefit from a breast lift (mastopexy) - although this will not increase the size of your breasts. These sorts of issues are best discussed with a plastic surgeon who has had the opportunity to assess your breasts and your preferences. Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast fullness without implants

+1

There is a new technique lifting breasts through an incision around the nipple that transfers the breast tissue upward. This is without implants or fat grafting.  This will not increase you cup size but will make them appear more fuller and higher giving the illusion of larger breasts.  The use of fat transfer is still controversial.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer great option for the right patient

+1
Congrats on your weight loss. Fat transfer to the breasts is a great procedure in the right candidate. One cup size increase is generally achieved. You have to stage a lift procedure three months after the grafting procedure if needed. I don't perform fat grafting if there is a history of breast cancer in your family. Otherwise, you should be examined in person to see if you are a candidate. Good luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Fat Transfers for Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

As stated previously, this is not the standard method for breast augmentation, but it has shown significant promise.  Fat transfers have become commonplace in other aspects of Plastic Surgery and great strides have been made in Natural Breast Augmentation.  However, the patient goals must dovetail well with the inherent benefits and limitations of the procedure. Consequently, in the appropriately selected patient, we have achieved great results. 

Thus, yes it is possible, but not everyone is a candidate. You should seek multiple consultations prior to making your decision and know that Plastic Surgeons who perform Natural Breast Augmentation also perform implant based breast augmentations as well. Best wishes in achieving your goals.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breast

+1

Thanks for your question.  Fat grafting to the breast for aesthetic reasons is still contraversial in my opinion.  We are obtaining data and experience and guidelines for best practice are being developed.  If you choose the fat grafting option, please find a surgeon with a larger experience, good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Fat transfer for volume at the time of breast lift

+1

Fat transfer can be used to improve volume in breast lift.  In the case of breast volume change after significant weight loss, additional volume can be achieved by:

• Spiral flap lift
  • Internal bra lift
  • Any of the above in combination with fat transfer

The options are many and an accurate evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced with fat transfer is mandatory to determine if you are a good candidate.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting can be an option if you are a good candidate

+1

The use of fat for the breast enlargement and enhancement is an option for patients that are good  candidates. Fat grafting patient are more interested in quality than quantity. Fat transfer can be used for the breast emnlargement, implant removal ,breast lift and breast reconstruction. I have done more than 250 fat grafting cases over last 5 years. I have established fatgraftforum.com and we have our third international meeting this week in New Orleans. This is a new area and most plastic surgeons who have tried fat garafting have seen unpredictable results. I advocate new techniques of fat harvesting and grafting which yield more predicatble results. You may check my web site for examples.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer vs breast implants for breast fullness

+1

Fat transfer for breast augmentation is still in its infancy in our field.  A significant amount of research has been devoted to it recently (5years) and therefore has not yet been perfected.  Only a few surgeons are performing this procedure as of yet and even fewer I would guess are performing it successfully.  It takes several sessions/surgeries to accomplish what one surgery may achieve for you with traditional breast lift techniques, and the results as of yet are not guaranteed (far less than breast lifting anyways).

I would recommend being cautious if you wish to pursue it, but most of all understand that it is less proven as of yet than a breast lift. Hopefully in a few years this may change.

Good luck.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for breast fullness

+1

As said it is an exciting new procedure that is been tested by many surgeons around the world. It has not been perfected and the long term results are not yet seen. It has been used more in breast reconstruction cases. The risks are not completely know regarding effects on breast cancer detection although studies say it is safe to do but better knowledge will come with test of time. The need for the brava bra makes it more complicated and at times patients can not tolerate it. Also the unpredictable take of fat makes it more challenging especially in the long run. It is probably ok to increase the size of the breast by one cup size at best at this time. It is also a problem for women that do not have enough excess fat.

if you are completely against breast implants then this maybe a good choice for you taking into account the facts discussed above.

See trust worthy honest board certified plastic surgeon that will be looking for your best interest!

Good Luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon