Thalassemia Major Patient Wanting to Do Breast Implant Surgery, Feedback? I Get Monthly Transfusions?

I am a thalassemia major patient receiving blood transfusions every 4 to 6 weeks. I am 31 years old and generally in good health. My iron levels are high as a result. I take l1 for iron chelation. I want to do a breast augmentation surgery. I can undergo sergury right after my transfusion to have a higher blood count. Can you provide your feedback on this? Am i crazy to want to do this?

Breast Augmentation

+1

Yes you can have breast augmentation surgery even if you have Thalassemia major.

You need to make sure that there is no heart complications, such as cardiomegally, congestive heart failure, or liver damage due to the Thalassemia major. The spleen is usually enlaged in patients with Thassemia major.

You also need to know that Thalssemia major predisposes you to infections. Therefore you are at a slightly higher risk of infection with any surgery.