Which is the Better Option a Breast Lift or a Lift and Implant? (photo)

I have had 3 children and gravity is in full effect, I was thinking of getting a breast lift done but I'm not sure how long it will last. I am currently a 38/C but want to be a 36/C or 36/C/D! What will be the best plan if action and which lasts longer the lift alone or the lift plus implant?

Breast lift or implants or both?

+1

The usual sign of needing an uplift are:

1. The nipples pointing down

2. The nipple are lower than the crease under your breast (the inframammary crease).

Your photos demonstrate that you have both problems, so your clearly need an uplift. Uplifts are called mastopexies, and this procedure does move your nipple /areolar complex to a higher, more attractive position. The upper part of the breast may not be as full as you would like after a standard mastopexy, but there are procedures that will give you fullness in the upper pole. These are procedures that involve sutures that shape the breast tissue into a cone and actually take the lower pole of the breast and suture it under the breast, thus, augmenting your breast with your own tissue.

A breast implant will also increase the upper pole fullness and this is often done with a mastopexy. You have to decide if you want to be larger, as the extra weight of an implant may ultimately cause you to sag sooner. The good part is that your nipples will not point down again.

Regarding your bra size: the number, such as 36 or 38 in your case, is the measurement around your chest and the cup size is the size of your breast. Neither a mastopexy or implant will reduce your chest measurement from a 38 to a 36. However, the cup size can easily be increases from a C to a D.

Your best option is to visit your PS and try on sizers to determine if you want to be larger and if so, what size would achieve your goal.

In your case, my preference would be to perform a mastopexy with th eabove mentioned procedure to increase the fullness in the upper pole with your own tissue.

Good luck with your procedure.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

You state that you are size 38 C and want to be size 36 C or D.  This would not require implants.  However, from your photographs you clearly need a breast lift.  The best long lasting lift is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  Your excess skin is used to make an internal cone that transfers your breast weight to the underlying pectoralis major muscle.  This produces the most long lasting lift and uses your tissue instead of implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs. implant or both

+1

This question has been well answered but if I can summarize:

You're nipple-areola position looks too low for an implant alone. The minimum breast cup size increase with a lowest profile implant would be one cup size and would look quite big. Neither procedure changes your chest circumference. 

Breast implants are pillow volume behind the breast base. They don't lift the breast or act like a weight pulling it down. They also don't actually "firm" anything but can give the impression of lift and perkiness. They fill the upper pole of the breast and fill out the center (ideally the nipple-areola) out and have the advantage of limited scars but an implant to deal with down the years.

A true breast lift (mastopexy) repositions the breast to the proper level but does not add or subtract significant volume. It does not fill in the upper pole or give forward projection. Modern technique can hold up well and be done through a lollipop incision but doesn't tighten anything and the scar trade-off may be unacceptable. 

In your case I would advise a true lift (mastopexy) procedure and later on see if an implant or volume addition is needed. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift for Sagging Breasts Following 3 Pregnancies

+1

Dear Cersi,

Thank you for providing your photos with your question. It appears that following your 3 pregnancies you have developed moderate sagging of your breasts.  From the frontal view you can only see pigmented areola and from the side view, your nipples are below the breast crease. Also, there is significant amount of your lower breast tissue resting against your chest wall. For a young mother I believe you would benefit most from a breast lift to correct the sagging breast tissue and raise the nipple areolae. On a positive note you appear to have enough breast volume and most likely do not require a breast implant. Dr. Richard Swift

Breast LIft Alone or with Implant

+1

The answer to your question depends on what change you really want.  A lift can successfully correct your sagging, bring the nipples up to a good position, and firm up the breasts.  However, with full, heavy breasts, there will be a quicker return of some sagging over time due to gravity pulling on the weight of your breasts.  Also, a lift alone does not create any increase in size or in particular any significant fullness in the upper pole (cleavage) area, so if you desire any increase in either of these two areas. then an implant should be added.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com

Breast lifting - to implant or not to implant?

+1

The first thing to address is that neither a lift nor an augmentation is going to change the number of your bra - 38 to a 36. This is the measurement of your chest wall. Only weight reduction can affect this. Implants can certainly improve the fullness of a lift, and for women who want just a small increase in volume, this is advisable. A lift alone will not change your cup size, but it will improve the projection and position of the breasts. I recommend meeting with a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to review your options.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift or implant

+1

I think you need a lift for sure and if you would like to have bigger fuller breast then an implant.If you want to be really big then I qwould do 2 stages first a lift followed later by an augmenattion.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

+1

Hello. The best option for you depends on the look you are going for. If you simply want to improve the position of the nipple and get some perkiness back then a regular lift would be enough. An implant would be needed if you’re hoping to be larger as well. Another consideration with a lift augmentation would be to get the lift done with a small implant as well. With a small implant you won’t notice a huge change in size but it can be useful in filling out the upper portion of your breasts to improve their appearance in low cut tops.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Breast Lift with or without Implants

+1

Mothers may find that pregnancy and breastfeeding contribute to loss of volume and firmness. To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia. When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock.

It is now possible with the newest technique for you to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants! Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare?

In short, you must know -- realistically -- what you are starting with, as well as what you want to look like when surgery is done. Do you want a natural appearance or a round, perky look? These are some of the factors I weigh with my patients when evaluating what type of procedure to do.

Surgery

+1

This really depends on your expectations. You have ptosis and if you are not looking for a volume increase then a lift alone will suffice