I'm 5 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty and I Have Two Big Concerns Regarding Results? (photo)

First, I still have the hump that was shaved/filed down, my ps promised it was removed in surgery but it's still there. Will the hump go away anytime soon? Secondly, I have an odd black line below tip of nose idk what to do to remove it, dr claimed it was from tape residue but I've been cleaning my nose thoroughly to remove it but it just won't disappear. What could've cause it? Lastly, is it safe to use "Adaferin Gel" on nose for black heads? Will it damage my results?

Concerns 5 wks after rhinoplasty

+1

Ruby 23:

Most people would agree that at 5 wks it will be too early to determine if the hump was removed completely, or it is still swelling. Having said that, even if there is swelling, there should be somewhat a difference on the size of the hump from before surgery.

About the black line, pictures would be helpful.

You should be able to use topical medications at 5 wks after surgery, but ensure its OK with your PS.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty and I Have Two Big Concerns Regarding Results?

+1

The swelling can be prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve after the surgery.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD

Post op rhinoplasty

+1

Your bump may be residual swelling that should go down over time.  See your surgeon about the gel use and the black line.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Thanks for posting photos. It appears as you had an open rhinoplasty so that line is the incision. Yes you still have a hump residual that may improve over time, but I doubt. After 6 months consider revision. As for gel to skin of nose best to ask your surgeon. 

Early Post-Op Rhino Concerns

+1

The bump on your nose will most likely not improve, but a simple maneuver would be to apply tape or try lymphatic massage.  The line below the tip is where the incision was made.  The tissue below this line is swollen, so again try some massage .  Most importantly, give everything some time and see your surgeon as needed.

Brian J. Reagan, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Still have a hump after rhinoplasty

+1

It can be hard to tell but our guess is that the hump you have in the photo is likely to persist. The final judge will be after several more months of healing.