Will Wearing Band Implant Stabilizer Help Speed Up the Stretching of a Painful Nerve After Augmentation? (photo)

I am 26. 14days post op 455cc high profile saline implants sub-muscular. I have a nerve on the outer side of my right breast that was left intact during surgery.it is causing a burning shooting pain.Dr told me moderate exercise and time for the nerve to stretch is the best treatment for now. I was given a Band Implant Stabilizer. I haven't wore it yet bc of this nerve pain. But I'm wondering if wearing it would help speed up the stretching of this nerve sense it presses down on the implants.

Will Wearing Band Implant Stabilizer Help Speed Up the Stretching of a Painful Nerve After Augmentation

+1

It is hard to imagine what the band would do to hasten nerve recovery, but if it is not uncomfortable, I doubt it will be harmful. The band is typically uses for "high-riding" implants to speed up their descent. 

If it interfering with work or other activities, you might ask your surgeon about local anesthetic cream or patches to get you through this period. 

All the best. 

It will take 4-6 weeeks to feel normal

+1

The issue of the pain and discomfort will get better by time. Your picture is with bra and can not comment about the implant position.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+1

Maybe but only trying the band across the superior area will answer your question. If no result b=y one month the you have a different issue. 

Nerve issues after augmentation

+1

A band may help push the implants down but it probably will not help with the nerve issue.  The nerve issue will probably get better with time.

Painful Nerve after Breast Augmentation

+1

The band can be used to hasten descent of the implants, but it will not help the nerve recover any faster.  This is not an uncommon occurrence following breast augmentation, and this sensitivity should resolve over weeks to months.  Massage and desensitization therapy as well as anesthetic patches may all be options in the recovery period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA