Umbilicoplasty After Umbilical Hernia Repair? (photo)

Had umbilicoplasty more than 2 mos ago. Saw surgeon and he said he could revise it. He said the surgeon who fixed my hernia sealed off my umbilical shaft? Now my belly button has no depth. Does this result look acceptable? Will this belly button hinder me in fitness competitions in which my body is judged?

Questions about umbilical shape

+1

You are very thing and this is the real problem when trying to create a depth to the umbilicus.  There are several factors to consider including the size of your umbilical hernia and the location of your incision.  I do not think your umbilicus looks bad and is certainly with the limits of normal.  

Umbilicoplasty for Deepening Belly Button

+1

The depth of your belly button can be deepened by a simple procedure done under local anesthesia to re-insert its depth down to the abdominal wall.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Belly Button is Okay

+1

I think your revision is reasonable.  Whether or not you win a competition will less to do with the appearance of belly button and more of the appearance of your body's definition.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Don't get too hung up on the appearance of the navel.

+1

The navel in the picture doesn't look particularly unusual. I think you would be best to leave well enough alone. Try to entertain yourself with something that will take your attention away from your navel.

+1

After reviewing your posted photos I DO NOT recommend the risks of a revision. If you believe you are ONLY being judged based upon the appearance of your umbilicus than you might have an issue. 

Umbilicoplasty after hernia repair

+1

The surgeon who fixed the hernia closed the defect, and if your hernia was present then your umbilicus should have been slightly prominent. Now in the 'flat' stage as teh hernia no longer pushes forward, athe depth will depend on the surrounding fat and muscle contour. Your photo looks OK. Is it a ten according to the judges? Why not compete and see what they think, and if not fix it the way they like if that is your goal.

Yes may be corrected/ si puede ser corregido

+1

yes a  light procedure with local anesthesie  might correct the defect do not worry is a simple procedure

no te preocupes  es una correccion simple   con anestesia local

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Flat belly button after umbilical hernia repair

+1

The depth of your umbilicus can be improved with revision. Discuss with your local Plastic Surgeons to obtain more details about the surgery.

Thanks for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD