Typical Question; Liposuction, Mini-tuck or Full-tuck? (photo)

Hello, I'm 23 years old. I have had one c-section, two years ago. I am currently dieting and have lost 30 pounds so far. I weigh 160, am 5'2" and in desperate need to get rid of excess skin that is below my belly button, possibly diminish the appearance of my stretch marks and fix my belly button. I plan to lose another 30 pounds before having any procedure done. Will liposuction be advised over a tuck? If not, would a full or mini-tuck be a better bet? Thank you!

Mini Tummy Tuck or Short Scar Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck works in very few people.  A short scar tummy tuck can usually produce the better result, but an exam is necessary to determine the surgery.

Liposuction, Mini-tuck or Full-tuck

+1

Based on these photos, I doubt that there would be much improvement with liposuction, and less so after more weight loss!.

Most patients who ask about mini-TT are not good candidates, since it treats only the lower abdomen. It works well only if the problem is limited to the lower abdomen. I can't quite tell from the photos.

At any rate, the time to consider is after the rest of the weight loss. Congratulations on accomplishments, good luck on the rest. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1

Liposuction would definitely not be of much if any help.  From your photos, you are one of the few patients I have seen who could get a good result from a mini tuck.  If you plan to have more children, the mini tuck would be a good way to go.

Surgery

+1

You definatly have excess skin and need some form of skin excision, full or mini tummy tuck. This can only properly be determined with a physical exam

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Based on your history  and photographs I think you will do best if you proceed with a full tummy tuck operation.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

+1

Congratulations on your 30 pound weight loss.  Based on your photos and goals, the best option for you would be to undergo a full tummy tuck.  Although the other options would produce shorter scars, the results are likely to prove disappointing.  Your desire to lose more weight before proceeding is admirable, and will only help the final result.  Gook luck and keep us posted!

Tummy Tuck Most Effective For Excess Skin & Abdominal Stretch Marks

+1

Thank you for your question. Given the findings on your photo and your stated concerns (skin excess, stretch marks, belly button appearance), a tummy tuck would be your best option.  Liposuction would not effectively address any of those concerns.   A mini tummy tuck would only adress the skin excess and muscle laxity but not address the other concerns completely.  Congratulations on the birth of your child and your weight lost.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question.  I would reccomend a full tummy tuck to address the skin, stretch marks, pooching, and improve the belly button. Good luck.

Full Tummy Tuck Best Option

+1

Especially if you plan to lose another thirty pounds you would benefit most from a fully tummy tuck.  Liposuction is not an option because it will not address the quality of your skin (especially stretch marks) below the belly button.  A mini-tummy tuck is inherently a compromise because it doesn't provide the improvement possible with a full tummy tuck.  Even more importantly, the scar from a mini-tummy tuck is nearly as long as a full tummy tuck scar and in the same position, but with half the result.  Go for a full tummy tuck and you'll have the tight, flat abdomen you desire!  Good luck!!!

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/tummy_tuck_gallery.htm

Liposuction, Mini-tuck or Full-tuck?

+1

You have very lkitle excess fat under the skin and will have even less after further weight loss. Liposuction is only good to reduce a pertion of the fat under the skin. So if you have little fat, you have little to gain with the liposuction procedure. Your problem is excess skin both above and below the belly button. A mini TT will only help the skin below the BB so it will leave the lower abdomen tight and the upper abdomen loose. That leaves the full TT as your best option. Be wary of nonsurgical offices that tell you they can correct all of your problems with some variation of liposuction (laser, vaser etc).