What Type Surgery Would Help my Right Eyebrow Be More Symmetrical?

Hello, I've been thinking of having brow surgery for over a year now, and I'd like your help determining my condition so I have multiple opinions before talking to a surgeon. I have noticed daily for about a year now almost a "laziness" or drag in my right eyelid, it almost hitches when raising, normal and then slow near the top, it is especially noticeable when sleepy. There is also a general heaviness of the eyelid. I believe the cause is a lower brow which pushes against my eyelid. Thanks!

Brow asymmetry

+1

Mark, thanks for providing your photos.  I am sorry but I do not appreciate anything that is 'fixable' and that achieving perfection will be near impossible.  If you do find a surgeon who wants to do your surgery, you should make sure your doctor has a reasonable revision policy as it is certainly possible you could have an over or under-correction.  I personally would not recommend any procedure on you at this time as I cannot appreciate a problem that can be corrected.

Eyebrow asymmetry

+1

It appears you have relatively lower right eyebrow. That could be inherited (usually brow lower on smaller side of the face) or it could be related to the scar/trauma you have on your right eyebrow. There are nonsurgical (botulinum toxin) and surgical options available to improve symmetry. See an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyebrows

+1

I can't tell for sure from your pictures, but there does appear to be a scar just above the outer part of your right eyebrow.  It's possible that this could be a cause of the minor asymmetry between your brows.  Most people are not completely symmetric to begin with, so even without the scar, it's possible that there may have been some minor difference between your eyebrows.  I understand that this is of concern to you, but honestly, the difference between your eyebrows is very slight and I'm not sure it would be worthwhile going through surgery for the subtle change.  Your eyelid position seems to be okay but if you feel there is some functional problem with your eyelid, I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist to be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon