Tummy Tuck and Bbl? Do I Need to Lose Weight?

I am considering a tummy tuck with a bbl. And I way about two hundred pounds and my height is 5"11 and I am about forty years old.I would like to know if I need to loose weight and how much and if I can do both procedures at the same time.

BBL with Tummy Tuck

+1

You would be surprised how many patients combine the two. I do not feel you need to loose the weight before surgery as patients have an easier time loosing weight after surgery. The advantage of doing both is less time for recovery and less expense. Go for it. All the best

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck combined

+1

Before you consider losing weight, you should first consult with a few plastic surgeons who are experienced with this combination of procedures. They can be done at the same time however you are limited in your position afterwards with regard to sleeping and sitting. You need to have sufficient body fat in order to have a good outcome from the fat transfer to the buttock. A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to guide you as to your ideal weight prior to surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

I specialize in body contouring and routinely perform tummy tucks with liposuction and even Brazilian buttock lift at the same time in patients of similar height and weight to you.  Historically, it was always recommended to lose weight first prior to surgery; however, in many cases, with my patients, I find that they are so motivated after surgery with the size changes they can already see, that this further drives them to lose more weight. It usually doesn't change very much for what we do surgically.  I hope this help!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James F. Boynton, MD

Best Results for Abdominal Body Contouring Procedures

+1

The best results for body contouring procedures are obtained when the patient is near their ideal weight.  If you can put into place the mechanisms to maintain a healthy ideal weight your results will look fabulous for life.  Visit your primary care physician and start the process to losing weight and leading a healthier lifestyle.  Once you are getting closer visit a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for body contouring options. 

Robert Applebaum, MD

+1

I think you could probably get a very good result with your current dimensions.  If you want to lose weight, I would only lose 20 lbs or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, I was always patients to set a healthy goal weight prior to surgery and delay surgery till they are within several pounds of that weight.  I reccomend you visit with your primary medical doctor to determine a healthy weight for you. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Abdominoplasty

+1

When you are planning abdominoplasty and Brazilian Butt Lift, then you are thinking of body contouring, rather than just fat transfer to the butt.Your ideal weight would be about 180. Once you reach that weight then your tummy tuck and fat transfer to the butt would give you a much better results

Weight loss and boty contouring surgery

+1

Your BMI is > 30.  If  you are actively losing weight I would continue to do so.  Once you are closer to your goal weight then it is time for a consultation to discuss your options for body contouring surgery.  Yes, both surgical procedures can be done at the same time but a physical examination is necessary to determine if the should be done at the same time. 

Weight loss and body contouring

+1

Thank you for the question.  A tummy tuck and BBL can be performed at the same time.  If you are planning on losing more than about 20 lbs in the future I would achieve that weight loss goal first before undergoing your body contouring procedures since the weight loss may result in some change to your surgical result.  If you are happy with your weight currently the only reason to lose additional weight is for surgical results and for safety.  Your plastic surgeon can guide you along this process since it will require an understanding on where the weight loss will occur and how that would affect your surgical result.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Do I need to lose weight?

+1

Hello and thank-you for your question.

You have a BMI of approximately 31 and you will have a better result if you lose about 30 pounds.  You can do both procedures at the same time.  This is a common  combination.

All the Best

Stephen Salerno 

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon