TT or Laser Hair Removal? Which One First?

I'm thinking about getting BBL. My PS suggested to get TT as well. I was gonna get laser hair removal for my pubic hair. So, my question is should I have TT first? Or laser hair removal?

TT and laser hair removal

+2

if your hairline is fairly high then you will get more out of the LHR if it is performed after the tummy tuck

Laser hair removal for pubic region in combination with tummy tuck

+2

While it probably doesn't make a big difference from a standpoint of healing, at least as long as you allow a couple of weeks between the procedures, I can see from a logistical standpoint why it might make a difference to do one first before the other.  In most cases, I wind up removing some of the hair bearing pubic skin with a tummy tuck, and the remaining hair bearing skin in the pubic region and groin areas often is repositioned.  For this reason it may make sense to do the tummy tuck first, and then once everything is settled and defined with respect to new hair patterns the laser hair removal can "clean things up" from there.  Also, it has been mentioned, and I agree that laser hair "removal" is a misnomer, and the procedure should more accurately be called hair "reduction" as with each treatment the number of hair follicles gets smaller and smaller, but they never totally get removed.  Thus, depending upon your natural hair density, you may find the need to have a touch up treatment every so often to maintain the degree of hairlessness that you desire.

LHR

+2

I would recommend the tummy tuck first as the procedure may alter the amount and location of the pubic hair

TT or Laser hair removal, which one first?

+2

They are both elective procedures so it really doesn't matter.

If you decide to have hair removal first make sure you leave enough time for the area to settle completely before having surgery - up to six weeks.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck San Diego or Laser Hair Removal First?

+2

Tummy tuck is a one time procedure, but laser hair reduction (never is the hair completely removed) is accomplished in multiple sessions over the course of months.  The result must be maintained by periodic laser sessions even after the initial series of treatments.  Which one you choose first is up to you, they are two totally independent processes.  Your current appearance, desired result, budget, schedule, and the type of tummy tuck you are planning are all germane to your decision.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Tummy Tuck Or Laser Hair Removal First?

+2

Undergoing the tummy tuck operation first prior to laser hair removal makes the most sense to me. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Laser hair removal after your TT

+2

Laser hair removal will cause inflammation in the area. If you already have had laser hair removal before you can remember that experience. So that is not wise to get hair removal in pubic area and have surgery in that area. Just postpone your pubic area laser hair removal after TT incision is healed completely and your surgeon approval. 

Good Luck

Laser hair reduction after an abdominoplasty

+2

It would probably be better for your to have laser hair removal after your abdominoplasty.  But it depends upon the location of the planned abdominoplasty incision.  

Tummy tuck or laser hair removal? Which one first?

+2

Since a tummy tuck can raise or change the pubic hair line, I would suggest you have the tummy tuck first.  You can then have a laser hair removal performed, but I would wait a couple of months after the tummy tuck to allow the skin to heal.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+2

Have the tummy tuck first. The tummy tuck will likely cut off some hair bearing skin of the pubic area so less lasering will be necessary.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/body/tummy-tuck/