Would There Be a Big Difference in Size Between a Mentor Moderate 375-425 Implant Versus a Mentor Mod Plus 375-450?

I am 5ft 3in. I currently have allergen 360-390 and have a deflation. So I am wanting to go up just a little. I am already a 34 DDD BWD is 14cm with a 31 inch ribcage and I weigh 145. I am trying to decide between these 2. I want a little more fullness than what I have with the 390's but not so much that I will have to buy all new bras. 34 DDD is hard enough. Are they similar enough that it really doesn't matter too much which one I choose? Thank you!

Which Implant is Best? - Your surgeon knows best

+1

Without photos and/or an exam it is impossible to offer an opinion. However, this is a question for your plastic surgeon to best answer. Secondly, most implant companies will offer some type of replacement implant for a ruptured implant depending on the circumstances so it might be wise to stay with the same manufacturer. That being said, I do not find much difference between the two similar size implants you mentioned.

Lift will make the greatest difference in outcome

+1

You are interested in more fullness but unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which can be combined with augmentation.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reposition your breast higher on the chest wall and reshape your breast to increase upper pole fullness and cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall over the bony prominence achieves maximum projection.  This allows a smaller size implant, which has less complications and less descent.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Differences in Breast Implant Sizes

+1

You as a patient should not even be looking at the differences between those two implants. If your surgeon is letting you do so, then find another surgeon. The two implants you mention are essentially the same volume. The difference is in the base dimensions. The latter measurement is something that the surgeon needs to know to determine what implants are available to fit your body. If there is a question of size, the surgeon should have told you what the choices are for your base dimension. If you have a choice of projection, it is because the next size requires a different projection to keep the base diameter the same. My question to you is, at your petit size and already a DDD, why are you even thinking of going larger. You are only asking for problems, especially in a few years when gravity on the larger implant catches up with you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Change of implants

+1

The volumes are  pretty close if maximally filled they are only 25 cc difference.  it really depends upon your true base diameter. The mod + are usually narrower than the mods.

Moderate vs Moderate Plus Saline Breast Implants

+1

Your assumption is completely correct in that there is no real differences between these two implant sizes. There is a very slight shape difference but that is not likely to be noticeable on the outside. When trying to decide between two very similarly sized breast implants, go with the one that has the narrowest base diameter particularly if you are going up slightly in size.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Difference between the moderate or the moderate plus implant

+1

The two implants you mention are identical in size. They vary just slightly in shape, so it really doesn't matter which one you get, they will look the same. But as Dr. Johnson, another consultant, says..it is your surgeons job to pick the implant that will fit you best. If he is not experienced enought to feel comfortable making such a key decision, maybe you might want another opinion.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Difference in the moderate or the moderate plus, zero.

+1

You will see no difference in the moderate 375cc and the moderate plus 375cc. Question is, why must 'you' choose. If your surgeon is worth his stuff, show him the result you wish for and let him agonize over which implant. If you don't trust his judgement, keep looking.

+1

Probably not a big difference, but I would lean in favor of the M+P implant. Your current implant was a width of 12.7 cm, that may be a better definition of breast width that the 14 cm you have quoted (?source). The MP implant is modestly wider than the current implant, and may require more capsulotomy than would otherwise be needed. Size discussions would best be done with your surgeon, who has the benefit of an in person exam, as well as feedback in discussions. I don't think you will see a lot of size change by increasing 50-60 cc or so. 

Thank you for your question, all the best.