Belly Button and Waist Revision Needed? (photo)

Will my belly button form a hood at 8 weeks or do I need to consider a revision? Also, waist is large for hips. waist is 29 and hips are 35.5. What can be done to make it smaller?

Belly Button 8 Weeks After Tummy Tuck Looks Good

+4

Thank you for your question and photograph. The photograph is too distant to evaluate whether you will develop hooding but the size, position and orientation of your bellybutton looks very good in my opinion. Therefore I think it was done correctly and expertly during your tummy tuck.

Typically hooding occurs late 3-6 months after tummy tuck so I certainly would not be alarmed at this time.

It is important that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon which I highly recommend you do.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Belly Button and Waist Revision Needed?

+1

The image is difficult to evaluate, especially with regard to the belly button. Liposuction of the sides can be helpful in certain patients as well. I would not consider revision at this point as it is too early, and you appear to have a commendable result. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Too early to tell

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? It is difficult to see the BB from the distance shown. 3-6months is probably a better time frame to look at this though. Regarding your waist, I almost always do some form of liposuction at the time of the TT. If you don't, then the procedure can accentuate your hips. If liposuction was done, then you may still have some swelling. It could also be related to the size of your pelvis.

+1

Posted photo to distance to see the bb and need more exposure of waist vs hip in photo. Either try to re post or seek IN PERSON second opinions..

Belly button revision after tummy tuck. #tummy tuck# belly button

+1

8 weeks after a tummy tuck operation is not enough time to evaluate the newly created belly button scar. It usually will take up to at least 3 months to really get a good idea if it needs to be revised. I would refer you back to your surgeon to assess the matter and come up with a game plan that would help out your concern. As for your hips, I typically perform Smart Lipo about 3 to six months after the tummy tuck to create added contour to the flanks "love handles." This will narrow this region, enhance the result of the tummy tuck, and even improve the appearance of the buttocks in many cases! I like to perform the liposuction after the tummy tuck at a second stage because it seems to be more accurate for contouring, plus less complications with the tummy tuck if performed as a second stage procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bayareaaestheticsurgery.com/services/aesthetic_body_tummytuck.htm

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon