My eyelids seem to be resting on my eyelashes and I have constant discomfort in my eyes, temples and forehead? (photo)

I'm only in my mid 30s but I feel my face is aging rapidly. I imagine its from the strain of constantly lifting my brows and scrunching my forehead in order to keep my eyes open. There's a definite family history of heavy eyelids, large pores and deep wrinkles so a few years ago when I began to see signs I changed my lifestyle. I eat healthy, stay active and I thought I could delay the onset. Not so much. Before I schedule any procedure I'm hoping for some great advise on how to proceed.

Eyelids resting on eyelashes

+1

Upper eyelids resting on eyelashes could be a sign of excessive skin and adipose tissue (“upper lid bags”) that may require correction. There are surgical and non-invasive procedures to correct/ improve these findings. When evaluating the upper eyelids, the forehead and the eyebrows should be assessed too. The presence of horizontal forehead lines and descended eyebrows could suggest that a concomitant brow lift may be necessary. Patients with these physical findings should be evaluated by a surgeon specialized in the area to determine the best treatment based on the physical exam findings.

Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Stanley G. Poulos, MD

+1

Heavy upper lids or “bags” in the lowers can definitely be a family trait. It is obviously accentuated with aging .In most cases blepharoplasty is a straightforward surgery and can be performed to create a natural appearing l result. Alleviating heaviness in the upper lids can minimize the tension of constantly lifting the brows. Botox can be helpful with the forehead wrinkles but must be done in a fashion that does not drop the brow or it will make your heavy lids worse.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Hooded upper eyelids

+1

When excess skin on the upper lids is touching the eyelashes, it can create a heaviness feel and look. The primary goal of upper lid blepharoplasty is to remove excess skin and some fat located in the middle and medial compartments of the upper lids. The incision is located directly in the upper eyelid crease. The procedure is performed under a 30 minute general anesthetic as an outpatient surgical procedure. Expect approximately 10 days of bruising and swelling after the procedure. For many examples please see the link below

Upper Blepharoplasty and/or Thermage

+1

The eyes are the windows to the soul. All too often, however, they seem to reveal exhaustion. The very delicate skin around the eyes tends to get crepey and puffy due to fatigue and stress. Eyelid surgery has become one of my most popular procedures. If excess upper eyelid skin is hooding the eye and needs to be eliminated, an incision is made in the crease at the top of the lid and excess fat and skin are removed. The incisions are closed and sutured on the underside of the skin.

An effective non-surgical option that might benefit you is Thermage, which can tighten the skin around the eyes. The new and improved Thermage is a virtually painless, non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Upper blepharoplasty for "heavy" upper eyelids

+1

Not sure about all of your symptoms but upper blepharoplasty can improve the appearance and feel of your "heavy" upper eyelids. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excees eyelid skin is treated by blepherplasty

+1

You need a blepheroplasty, an operation designed to create beautiful eyes that are not eclipsed by excess skin hooding.

Operation requires minimal down time and life changing outcome.

Vasdev Rai, MD

My eyelids seem to be resting on my eyelashes and I have constant discomfort in my eyes, temples and forehead?

+1

Best advise is go get a few IN PESON consultations.. Your aging is early thus operative corrections especially upper eyelids is a must.//

Eyes abd forehead

+1

You would benefit from a frehead/browlift and upper eyelid blepharoplasties. Get consults with at least two surgeons.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

You would benefit from an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.

+1

Although young, you do have redundancy of the upper lid skin. A blepharoplasty will remove some of that skin, and give you back a platform for makeup. Your brow is very "full" - and somewhat heavy laterally. You surgeon can assess this and decide if you would also benefit from a browlift at the same time.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of tired look.

+1

a browlift should kill 2 birds with one stone be lifting your brows for a more youthful look and decreasing the excess skin of your lids.