Would it be possible to insert a 350-400 cc silicone implant through an infraareolar/ periareolar incision? (photos)

I'm 25 y/o, 125 lbs, 5'2". 34B currently and wishing for a full C/small D. No kids and no plans for any in the future. I do not want the inframammary approach, I scar dark and my areolae are more likely to hide my scars well. I'm interested in silicone implants, mod profile, under the muscle. Additionally, how much time would I require off work? I'm an RN in labor and delivery, so oftentimes heavy lifting is required. Merci.

Silicone implants placed around the areola

+2

This is possible, but stretching will most likely be required to place the implants this way.  The stretching might have an effect on the nipple sensation after surgery.

Placement of gel implant through areola?

+2
From the prior posters, absolutely YES!  The funnel allows even larger implant to be placed through a 5 cm incision. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Can I Have 350-400cc Implants Placed Through A Periareolar Incision?

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures.  In your case, there should be no problem placing these silicone implants through a periareolar incision.  Your areolae are of normal size and this makes is fairly easy to place most size implants through this incision.

In women with small areolae, the use of a Keller Funnel can allow the placement of almost any size implant through a very small incision.  

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar Approach

+2
You would be a great candidate for a breast augmentation through a periareolar approach.  I have placed larger implants through smaller areolas without a problem.  The periareolar scars tend to heal well when done by an experienced plastic surgeon.  I recommend avoid heavy lifting for a few weeks after surgery.

Eugene Kim, MD

Silicone insertion through periareolar incision

+2
Placing a smooth silicone implant through the periareolar approach is possible with the size of implant you are considering.  If you're interested in a textured silicone implant it then becomes more difficult even with the Keller Funnel. Your surgeon should go over the pros & cons of smooth versus textured bags. Good question to address.

Stephan L. Ralston, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implant through P/A incision?

+2
Since your areola are normal to large in size, this should not be a problem. Check with your surgeon about use of a Keller funnel, which makes it easier to insert gel implants through small incisions with less possibility of damage to the implant.

All the best. 

Breast Augment

+2
Thanks for the question. Given that you have normal and not small size areolas it would be easy for any experienced surgeon to perform your surgery. I would suggest taking 10 days off of work for something that involves heavy lifting like you!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Would it be possible to insert a 350-400 cc silicone implant through an infraareolar/ periareolar incision?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, there should be no problem  performing breast augmentation surgery with silicone gel breast implants through the infra areolar approach for you. These days, this approach is even easier utilizing the Keller funnel;  this device allows for insertion of  silicone gel breast implants  through small incisions, without the breast implants touching the patient's skin (part of the “no touch technique”).

Unless you are able to obtain “modified duty”, you may need a few weeks off before you are able to return to your occupation, which involves heavy lifting. Your plastic surgeon will be of more specific help to you in this regard.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

BBA

+1
It should be possible, but you need to be examined in person to be sure.  A funnel may be very useful in your case.  See a BC PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To achieve a full C/small D would require approximately 200 cc implants. However, your breasts are asymmetrical and you would benefit from a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. You would need approximately 1 week off of work and I would avoid heavy lifting for 1 month.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon